Solar charger controller

Tom gayle

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Hey, I've been making 1 portable solar device.That solar device needs 12v 6amp.why should I use solar charger controller for that device?if I should use solar charger controller means why I use battery? please tell me.i attached one example image.Screenshot_2022-01-25_153206~2.jpg

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi T.
If I understand your post correctly, if you remove the battery, every time the Sun fails to shine on the Solar panel, your Load will get no power.?
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi T,
The purpose of the battery is to store power while the Sun shines on the panel, and then deliver power to the load when there is no Sunshine.
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi T,
The power required by the load determines the AHr capacity of the battery and the Solar panel power output required to charge the battery and the load.
E

Tom gayle

Joined Sep 20, 2021
hi T,
I don't understand what is the 'adaptor'?
E
I mean it is the device which converts ac to dc like a phone charger
hi T,
The adaptor if it has an AC input and an DC output is not compatible with the DC from the Solar panel.
E

Update:
Look at these options.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=solar+phone+charger+walmart
I had in my mind that the adapter can connect with 240v ac in plug point and it's pin connects with solar charger controller where the batter(position) is connected

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
You could connect the solar panel and the adaptor together by using two diodes, so that when the sun shines the solar panel powers the load, and when it doesn't the adaptor powers the load.
Of course, when the sun doesn't shine, you have to buy energy from the grid, but you don't have to buy a battery!

Tom gayle

Joined Sep 20, 2021
You could connect the solar panel and the adaptor together by using two diodes, so that when the sun shines the solar panel powers the load, and when it doesn't the adaptor powers the load.
Of course, when the sun doesn't shine, you have to buy energy from the grid, but you don't have to buy a battery!
In 2 diodes in 2 terminal in adaptor? should I connect?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Diode #1. Anode to solar panel, cathode to positive terminal of load.
Diode #2. Anode to adaptor, cathode to positive terminal of load.
Join negative terminals of solar panel, adaptor and load together.

But first, make sure that the load with withstand the OPEN CIRCUIT VOLTAGE of the solar panel.

Tom gayle

Joined Sep 20, 2021
But I need solar charger controller though....