Software for PCB Error Checks intergrated with code

abi17124

Joined Mar 5, 2017
I was wondering if y'all would know of a software that integrates with your programs code, simulates the circuit on a schematic level and then Pcb level(assuming all designs have been made) for error checking(traces and such) to make the design process faster?( Yes I know this could be a far fetched ask. Please try to be optimistic guys, if there isn't would there be a use for such a software?)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I was wondering if y'all would know of a software that integrates with your programs code, simulates the circuit on a schematic level and then Pcb level(assuming all designs have been made) for error checking(traces and such) to make the design process faster?( Yes I know this could be a far fetched ask. Please try to be optimistic guys, if there isn't would there be a use for such a software?)
You would need pinout of all microcontrollers covered, and all software-enabled functions of the microcontrollers. Then, to be beneficial, some simulated input would be needed. For example, a line-following robot, you'd need sensor input, output to motor controllers and appropriate feedback to the sensor.

At some point, a prototype is needed.

abi17124

Joined Mar 5, 2017
You would need pinout of all microcontrollers covered, and all software-enabled functions of the microcontrollers. Then, to be beneficial, some simulated input would be needed. For example, a line-following robot, you'd need sensor input, output to motor controllers and appropriate feedback to the sensor.

At some point, a prototype is needed.
Thanks for your reply Gopher, I think I've seen Proteus simulate an arduino and a sensor, so it would be possible right?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Thanks for your reply Gopher, I think I've seen Proteus simulate an arduino and a sensor, so it would be possible right?
Anything is possible, the question is, it worth the effort (or more correctly, is the effort worth the reward).

I prefer simulating the subsections and then build a prototype to integrate the sub circuits with the controller.

abi17124

Joined Mar 5, 2017

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hahahaha yes I totally understand that. No deep pockets just asking. Would you know of any software(that you use or heard of) that performs the above function close to Proteus which is cheap or free?

You get what you pay for. A product like Proteus is an ENORMOUS intellectual effort. No one is going to give that away. The best you are going to do is something like LTSpice combined with a product like Diptrace.