So gonna get a "REAL" gun soon wouldn't mind advice

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
They make some bad ass gun mods for that thing. I think its definetely gonna be the Rugger 77/22. I just want that bolt action too much. It helps practiciing your full motion. And like you said lets you play sniper for a couple seconds.

luvv

Joined May 26, 2011
If u want something w/ a lil more pep try a 17HMR,Friend has Marlin i shot last weekend .
It's a 22 magnum necked down to .17, so twice the powder half the bullet weight..its peppy ;)

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I have a 77/22 chambered in .22 LR with a scope on it. It's a very nice rifle; good for ridding the yard of pesky critters. I don't care that the magazine holds 10 rounds; I spent years single-loading rounds anyway (no chance of damaging the round if you don't use the mag).

I started shooting when I was four. Dad bought a Remington model 514 single-shot, put micrometer sights on it, cut about 3" off the end of the stock, and made a custom buttplate from 3/4" thick aluminum stock. I used it all through the Junior NRA course of fire up until I was 12; then my Dad gave me a Remington 513-T.

I've been around firearms practically all my life. Dad was an avid target shooter and hunter.

Ironically, the period of time I did the least shooting was during my tour in the Marines.