So first?

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
So first I have to construct a circuit with my 10f200. figuring out where to put the diodes and resisters and such?
Then do the coding and upload the code to the chip?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It would probably be better to keep all these related threads together, perhaps one of the new mods would like to merge the threads?
It gives people a chance to see the bigger picture.
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=60095
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=60107
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=59353

nickelflippers suggestion of tutorial looks good, and in one of the above threads I have suggested which components to use and how to connect them. In another thread I have put almost complete code.

Also your sequence is correct:
As a wise man once said "First comes the hardware, then the software."

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Merging the threads isn't helpful, since the posts will be sorted chronologically, not by thread. Consequently, the answers will be mixed.

The OP is advised to keep the threads dense in content, though.

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
so most all every body knows my push button project.
But if you dont
Trying to accomplish a basic circuit with servo.
1 button 1 servo
button off center
button on left
button of center
button of right

So I was wondering if I got close here?

1) Have a soldering iron, or access to one? I may have presumed you did.
2) Is the 10F200 a 6 pin sot-23, or an 8 pin DIP?
3) Downloaded MPLAB, and completed the first couple of the Gooligum lessons previously suggested?
4) There are no shortcuts. Until the first led blinky program has been successfully completed, other projects should wait.
5) The 28 pin demo board sent along could do this without a breadboard, just the hookup wire to the servo, and possibly the battery supply if the programmer can't supply 5V.
6) Three AA primary (1.5V) batteries in series would need to supply the micro and servo. Alternate: four AA rechargeable (1.2V) batteries with a 1N400x diode in series could also work.

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
1) Have a soldering iron, or access to one? I may have presumed you did.
2) Is the 10F200 a 6 pin sot-23, or an 8 pin DIP?
3) Downloaded MPLAB, and completed the first couple of the Gooligum lessons previously suggested?
4) There are no shortcuts. Until the first led blinky program has been successfully completed, other projects should wait.
5) The 28 pin demo board sent along could do this without a breadboard, just the hookup wire to the servo, and possibly the battery supply if the programmer can't supply 5V.
6) Three AA primary (1.5V) batteries in series would need to supply the micro and servo. Alternate: four AA rechargeable (1.2V) batteries with a 1N400x diode in series could also work.
I have a soldering iron and will be using the 8 pin.
I have mplab and finding it alittle difficult to use when I have to chase the baby around all day.

I have made a blinking Led with a 555 ic. made as small as I could.
About nickle size.
for now I will use and Debug with a 9v.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
A 9V (PP3) battery isn't ideal for this. You can use it with a 5V regulator with the PIC and a few LEDs, but servos can use a lot of current (around half an amp when turning) and the PP3 battery has quite low capacity and high internal resistance so there could be problems. 3 AA batteries are much better.