So Facebook Sucks!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Isn't that such a troll line. Anyways I try to message a friend I haven't seen in a long time and it now says since I'm not friended with this person I can pay $1.00 to have the request sent to their email, or I can have it sent free in facebook but it goes in their "Other" folder.

Is that a joke or what? I'm glad I never got into facebook, as far as a social network I'm gonna try to concentrate on Google and their network of social media. I'm not scared of anything so privacy isn't that big of a deal.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
One of my old friends tried to get me on Facebook a few days ago. I signed up under a fictitious name just to please him. The next day, I'm answering an email from him, which went straight to Facebook, and there he is wanting to do Instant Messaging. What? Am I required to I.M with anybody that catches me logged on at Facebook? Like, Oh geez, you know I'm awake and at my computer so I owe you to be ready for a conversation?

I predict a very short lifetime for this Facebook account.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
One of my old friends tried to get me on Facebook a few days ago. I signed up under a fictitious name just to please him. The next day, I'm answering an email from him, which went straight to Facebook, and there he is wanting to do Instant Messaging. What? Am I required to I.M with anybody that catches me logged on at Facebook? Like, Oh geez, you know I'm awake and at my computer so I owe you to be ready for a conversation?

I predict a very short lifetime for this Facebook account.
This is what one single person considers as "more social".

People you may know- sort of. They are your FRIENDS. Cool, ain't it?

I tell all my skype aquaintances- handset is only used exceptionally. If there is something to talk, use the phone.

It is kind of abnormal- the phone rings but you have no idea who it might be- and it's totally outside any regular time of day. I don't even have it connected.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Max, unless your friend has gone through the security settings and specifically told it not to send him email notifications of messages/requests, if you "friend" him or send him a private message, it should tell him in an email. That's how it's always worked.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Max, unless your friend has gone through the security settings and specifically told it not to send him email notifications of messages/requests, if you "friend" him or send him a private message, it should tell him in an email. That's how it's always worked.
I know thats the way its been for me always too till last night. But if the user set their privacy settings to no emails why would it offer to email him for $1.00? With all the FB changes and no revenue I think this is a new way to try to make actual money with FB. Try to message someone your not friends with and see what it says. You don't have to hit send to see it offer $1.00.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I know thats the way its been for me always too till last night. But if the user set their privacy settings to no emails why would it offer to email him for $1.00? With all the FB changes and no revenue I think this is a new way to try to make actual money with FB. Try to message someone your not friends with and see what it says. You don't have to hit send to see it offer $1.00.
Just tried it, saw nothing about payment. I sent the message too, and it was sent successfully. I'd check your computer for viruses! :eek:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok it seems just certain people its asks for payment to put it in there inbox. Others its normal. It might be cause he has like 5000 friends that it wants money to reach him. Facebooks trying to make money somehow I just wonder the criteria. It says under the ? That money confirms your not sending spam. I think its Facebook and the type of account he has.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ok it seems just certain people its asks for payment to put it in there inbox. Others its normal. It might be cause he has like 5000 friends that it wants money to reach him. Facebooks trying to make money somehow I just wonder the criteria. It says under the ? That money confirms your not sending spam. I think its Facebook and the type of account he has.
Could be, I suppose. Again, I still have never seen it. I also don't have any friends on facebook who have more than 500 friends of their own, so I'm nowhere near that point anyway.

I'll never understand this age of social networking :rolleyes:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Could be, I suppose. Again, I still have never seen it. I also don't have any friends on facebook who have more than 500 friends of their own, so I'm nowhere near that point anyway.

I'll never understand this age of social networking :rolleyes:
Me neither I have like 5 friends. He's an artist/preformer so he meets lots of people so he has a legit reason for having that many friends. Other normal people I have no idea how they get thousands of friends, thats just crazy, how could you honestly say you know them all and remember them?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Me neither I have like 5 friends. He's an artist/preformer so he meets lots of people so he has a legit reason for having that many friends. Other normal people I have no idea how they get thousands of friends, thats just crazy, how could you honestly say you know them all and remember them?
I agree 100%. My facebook friends list has always been very small. I friend no one who I have not met in person or who I see frequently. End of story.