SMT Next to Through Hole IC

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Hi all,

Perhaps a slightly unusual homework request, but can anyone take a picture of a smt IC next to a through hole IC and post it here? We are doing an end of lab report, and I would like to mention smt and through hole (even though we only used through hole). However, I cannot find a good picture on Google to compare them.

Doesn't have to be super high quality, doesn't have to even be the same size or component, although is they had both around 8 pins that would be perfect.

Of course, you get full acknowledgement, Harvard style. :)

I would do it myself, alas I only have a bunch of through hole IC's in my room. :oops:

Many thanks for your help,

Sparky

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Thanks eric. In the end, I took two pics from Farnell and stuck them together. Not sure how to reference that though, may just call them two images. For the sake of students of the future, here is the image for your use. :D
SMT next to through-hole package:

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Thanks eric. In the end, I took two pics from Farnell and stuck them together. Not sure how to reference that though, may just call them two images. For the sake of students of the future, here is the image for your use. :D
SMT next to through-hole package:
Brilliant!

John