Small theoretical question. . .

Joined Nov 30, 2010
After this many posts, you still have not said anything about how much the car in question weighs, its rolling resistance, or its coefficient of drag (with reference to wind speed). Are you beginning to understand why nobody can guess what size solar cell to use, or what size battery, or what size motor? It takes several calculations to come up with those numbers and it's all a matter of balance between size and results. You can waste a lot of money by guessing.

So, best wishes for your exploration of this subject. A lot of people have been there before you; learn from them!

Redscarf

Joined Jan 28, 2015
After this many posts, you still have not said anything about how much the car in question weighs, its rolling resistance, or its coefficient of drag (with reference to wind speed). Are you beginning to understand why nobody can guess what size solar cell to use, or what size battery, or what size motor? It takes several calculations to come up with those numbers and it's all a matter of balance between size and results. You can waste a lot of money by guessing.

So, best wishes for your exploration of this subject. A lot of people have been there before you; learn from them!
Thanks, in all honesty i hadn't even thought about few of those factors, i'll have delve further into research. . .

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
After this many posts, you still have not said anything about how much the car in question weighs, its rolling resistance, or its coefficient of drag (with reference to wind speed). Are you beginning to understand why nobody can guess what size solar cell to use, or what size battery, or what size motor? !

When I suggested number crunching a guesstimate from a manufacturers published specifications, the TS asked me to specify a make/model.