Small passive temperature switch

Jeffery Vahrenkamp

Joined Jun 16, 2016

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Smaller? Compared to what dimensions? Do you really think I will keep digging the internetz for dimensions when you could have told me what they are from the start?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Those are the standard bimetal kind. There are some wax based ones which are a lot smaller but they are one time devices. If they overheat they break the circuit permanently and must be replaced.

Hum... this doesn't look promising. In the case that a smaller one can't be found, does anyone have any other interesting ideas for replacing these switches with something else? They need to be in the design as the relays are switching, so the heat or ac could get stuck on.

Jeffery Vahrenkamp

Joined Jun 16, 2016
You could certainly use a thermistor and a circuit to control a relay.
Would that work?
Right now I have an ESP8266 board switching two relays turning the heat and ac on and off. Between the COM and the HEAT pins I have a bimetal switch that breaks the connection at 35C. I also have a bimetal switch between the COM and the HEAT to turn it on when the temperature reaches 5C. The power on that circuit would be AC 24V. I have no idea how I'd make a circuit to turn that on or off with a therm resistor, though I am open to suggestions.

I did find these ksd9700 switches which are much smaller, but can't find any 5C NC switches.