Small mixer repair help.

LadySpark

Joined Feb 7, 2024
A friend gave me this small (passive ) ? mixer. It has a broken resistor. Can anyone tell me what resistor would make this work and where to solder all the wires. regards to all.
There really isn't much to a passive summer and quite frankly I wouldn't use a capacitor at all in the circuit. The only thing you are missing is the summing resistor so I see no use for the board. You need to terminate it somewhere 5 to 10 times the feed resistor value..

andomando

Joined Jan 23, 2016
There really isn't much to a passive summer and quite frankly I wouldn't use a capacitor at all in the circuit. The only thing you are missing is the summing resistor so I see no use for the board. You need to terminate it somewhere 5 to 10 times the feed resistor value..
Thank you..best wishes

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Given the resistor is a 10% tolerance variety, the only reasonable 10% value will be 3 3x 100 (orange orange red ) Wy do we not get a component side view of the whole PCB? How else can we trace out the circuit???? Because we will need the whole circuit to know where to attach all of thw wires.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
As for making it work as a mixer with a bit of gain to overcome the mixing losses, one big question comes to my mind:
What will the application be?? Mixing microphones? Or a tape deck and a microphone? Or recording a group of singers using multiple microphones?? The mixing ability you need depends quite a bit on what you are going to use it for.
AND, if it happens that you will be using it with microphones that use XLR connectors, it is totally the wrong one.