small high sensitivity directional mic

WAN24

Joined Jun 27, 2006
gud day sir/mam,

im having a problem on where can i get/buy a high sensitive directional microphone that is as small as an MP3 player headset and can be placed on your ear.. anyone who have some idea? i need your help sir/mam.. thanks in advance!!!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Sensitive and directional and the size of an MP3 player? Sounds very hard to achieve. The microphones that meet your requirement are generally in tow configurations - the shotgun mike and the ones mounted at the focus of a parabolic sound reflector. Neither are particularly small.

Magazines like Popular Science may still have ads towards the back that have items like this for sale.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Best directivity and sensitivity is normally acheived with a parabolic dish, best quality with a Shotgun. Parabolics tend to be used for evesdropping, shotguns for Video production etc. Both are large, due to the physical restrictions imposed by the length of audio waves.
A small reflector will only work at high audio frequencies, and local lower audio frequencies may tend to drown these out without filtering.

WAN24

Joined Jun 27, 2006
hhhmmmm... sorry sir,but im working on a sleep apnea monitoring device... almost all of the same device uses a sensor that is placed on a human's nose.. this time,i want to detect the breathing in the ear.. its for the user's comfort.. the previous study about this project stablished that human's breathing can be detected in the ear,that's why im looking for a mic that can be placed on my ears... a mic which has high sensitivity and if can,a directional one.. if there's no directional mic that can be placed on an ear,hope someone can give me an idea on what mic i can use for this project.. any ideas will surely be apreciated.. tnx...

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Putting 2 identical mics back to back and connecting out of phase should produce low output for sound that is common to both mics, and a higher output for sound that is picked up more in one mic than the other. This is the basic design of an Ambiant noise cancelling mic.

WAN24

Joined Jun 27, 2006
sir,if you dont mind.. how can i do that? i'm really having a problem on ambiant noise... hope you can help me how to limit such noise.. tnx sir!!!