Slew rate calculation

Preetham shetty

Joined Oct 7, 2020
Hi all,
In this block diagram I will control the slew rate at the output of DAC using a controller and I need a slew rate of 1.2v/us at the output of OPAMP. If the slew rate of OPAMP is 21v/us then how much slew rate should I need to maintain at the DAC output so that I can have 1.2V/us slew rate at the OPAMP output. Please tell if anyone knows..

Attachments

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
The answer seems pretty obvious: your op amp circuit amplifies the DAC output by a factor of 6, from 5 volts full scale to 30; therefore, if you want to limit the rate of change of output voltage to 1.2 V/μs, you must limit the rate of change of the DAC output to one-sixth of that, or 0.2 V/μs.

The slew rate limit of the op amp, 21 V/μs, is completely irrelevant since it exceeds your required slew rate.

Preetham shetty

Joined Oct 7, 2020
The answer seems pretty obvious: your op amp circuit amplifies the DAC output by a factor of 6, from 5 volts full scale to 30; therefore, if you want to limit the rate of change of output voltage to 1.2 V/μs, you must limit the rate of change of the DAC output to one-sixth of that, or 0.2 V/μs.

The slew rate limit of the op amp, 21 V/μs, is completely irrelevant since it exceeds your required slew rate.
Thank you sir.