SIP protocol to control embedded devices

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
I have looked over internet for SIP, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a signaling protocol used for initiating, maintaining, modifying and terminating real-time sessions that involve video, voice, messaging and other communications applications and services between two or more endpoints on IP networks.

I am struggling to understand How does SPI protocol control Embedded device?
1572689965110.png
Correction : I am asking for the SIP not for SPI

Attachments

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
How do you know that it does? Take a look at the date on the protocol documents. Was it recent or 20 years ago? If it was developed 20 years ago it is unlikely to envision an implementation in an embedded device of that era. Maybe on an embedded device that has the memory and peripherals of a desktop from 20 years ago. All protocols have the same basic features. You have a data payload that is encapsulated in one or more wrappers which involve placing data in front of and after the payload. You can do this multiple times. When a packet arrives from the network it goes through multiple iterations of removing the wrapper, checking the integrity and passing it on to the next processing step.

Last edited:

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
How do you know that it does? Take a look at the date on the protocol documents. Maybe on an embedded device that has the memory an peripherals of a desktop from 20 years ago. All protocols have the same basic features.
I want to prepare SIP protocol for a interview. There is job for embedded developer, require skill's C programming, knowledge on 8 bit /16 bit/32 Microcontroller and optional SIP protocols It's not necessary but if I know it would be benefit for me. I can get only idea within one day

My background comes from embedded system. I have knowledge of microcontroller and c programming

I posted one example to understand basic of SIP. I spent a so much time to understand basic of SIP. and relation with telecom system

I have divide it into two parts for easy understanding

1)Hardware : mostly network device Router , mobile phone , PC , Network Switch
2)software programming : I think c skill me be used to write client and server program

any help would be appreciated to understand basic of SIP

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I want to prepare SIP protocol for a interview. There is job for embedded developer, require skill's C programming, knowledge on 8 bit /16 bit/32 Microcontroller and optional SIP protocols It's not necessary but if I know it would be benefit for me. I can get only idea within one day

My background comes from embedded system. I have knowledge of microcontroller and c programming

I posted one example to understand basic of SIP. I spent a so much time to understand basic of SIP. and relation with telecom system

I have divide it into two parts for easy understanding

1)Hardware : mostly network device Router , mobile phone , PC , Network Switch
2)software programming : I think c skill me be used to write client and server program

any help would be appreciated to understand basic of SIP
SIP is primarily if not exclusively used for call setup in VoIP and video teleconferencing.

I may be uninformed, but I don't know of SIP being used for an IoT communications bus, it makes no sense to me. It's focus is on call setup and maintenance. It's very heavyweight and just unsuited.

The right sources to lean SIP are ones dealing with VoIP and allied areas.