Single phase motor connections

Rhino78

Joined Jul 23, 2017
I have a question about a motor....
Shanghai Haonan Special Motor Co.
-P/N- YL90L-2
-Single phase/ dual voltage/
-7 lead (counting the 2 start capacitor leads)
-Start cap access in connection box
-Run cap no access, connected internal
Can anyone here help? No tags on the leads, no connection diagram (owner lost the connection box cover) I've attached a pic. I need to know how to connect for 120v or 240v?

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If the windings are equal then I would expect it to be PSC (permanent start cap motor).
If so they can usually be controlled simply with a SPDT centre off switch.
Are you sure it has both start and run caps?
Max.

Rhino78

Joined Jul 23, 2017
If the windings are equal then I would expect it to be PSC (permanent start cap motor).
If so they can usually be controlled simply with a SPDT centre off switch.
Are you sure it has both start and run caps?
Max.
Thanks for the reply Max! Yes positive on the dual capacitors. But I only have access to the start capacitor leads in the connection box. The 80uF run cap is connected internally. I'll attach a pic.

Attachments

Rhino78

Joined Jul 23, 2017
On another note..any clue what that single yellow lead would be that doesn't ohm out to anything? Every other motor I've seen like this has an even number of leads 6,8 etc. I thought it may have been a thermal protection circuit but again typically I've seen 2 wires associated with thermal protection (P1,P2)

- Regards,
R.G.

Rhino78

Joined Jul 23, 2017
On another note. Any idea what that single yellow lead would be for? I thought at first it was part of the thermal protection circuit but I've only seen 2 wires associated with thermal protection. (Usually labeled P1,P2)

-Regards,
RG