Since two threads are closed, I had to open a new one... "Clock Boy" returns.

Hopefully, sanity will prevail...
I dunno... I've mixed feelings on the issue - For although it's obvious the kid was endeavoring to stir political controversy - I'm bound to confess my growing weariness with the gaping, unabashed --I daresay brazen-- 'technical illiteracy' manifest in many who should know better (case in point: educators and, so it seems, public safety/law enforcement) -- How truly there are no fools like proud fools!:rolleyes:

Best regards
HP

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
BS. They try to create a narrative that supports their political outlook. Viewers be damned.
Kind of like people dropping links on the internet making you waddle through the toxic waste before you can say "(Islandic word removed - this is an English Language Forum -moderator)".

Well it's the moneymaking way of the future when it comes to campaigning and surviving as a news organisation.

But they all need them traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
BS. They try to create a narrative that supports their political outlook. Viewers be damned.
Or, in some cases, a narrative spoon-fed to them by their allies in the political realm, supported by leaked documents, gossip or other surreptitious "background" material.

I no longer get ANY of my news from the TV, either the networks or cable. It's all watered-down, dumbed-down, predigested junk, not worth the time it takes to watch it. And on anything I read in online newspapers or on news aggregator websites, I apply a "48-hour rule" (at least) to give a topic a waiting period to see if what I've read has been de-bunked or needs qualifying in some way, before I'll give it any credence. I also make a point of "considering the source," by taking into account the reporter/publication and considering their biases.

Anyone who wishes to avoid being seriously misled by biased news-- and even outright lies passed off as news-- would be wise to consider EVERY news source to be a paid propaganda operative working for one or the other of our two political parties, until shown to be otherwise.

Be skeptical of EVERYTHING.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Islandic word removed - this is an English Language Forum -moderator
Sinus23 plz don't feel too bad cuz 1337 leetspeak isn't allowed either:(;)!

So being totally serious it's just that allowing multiple languages on same site is contrary to goal of facilitating open exchange of ideas cuz then there'd be like de facto subfora for native speakers of each different language! So anyhow it's definitely not personal:)! Cuz as native English speaker I totally understand (by which I mean accept rationale behind) my being required to communicate in non-native language on non-English language sites too:cool:! Anyhow I say you're way ahead of game cuz since you've already mastered second language you have like dual cyber-citizenship:D!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Kind of like people dropping links on the internet making you waddle through the toxic waste before you can say "(Islandic word removed - this is an English Language Forum -moderator)".

Well it's the moneymaking way of the future when it comes to campaigning and surviving as a news organisation.

But they all need them traffic.

So a word is removed because it is "Islandic" . And it is replaced with nothing? Really? This is OFF TOPIC. It was only one word. Who cares?? In fact I think it is kind of interesting that sinus is exposing us to a bit of his culture. As long as it was not ICELANDIC profanity it should have been allowed to remain. Yet another example of moderator overreach on this forum. So go ahead and delete this post too.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
So a word is removed because it is "Islandic" . And it is replaced with nothing? Really? This is OFF TOPIC. It was only one word. Who cares?? In fact I think it is kind of interesting that sinus is exposing us to a bit of his culture. As long as it was not ICELANDIC profanity it should have been allowed to remain. Yet another example of moderator overreach on this forum. So go ahead and delete this post too.
Spinniker and everybody I say plz let's wait for whole story b4 riding bandwagon?! Cuz I say p!$$ing and moaning w/o even having all facts can't solve anything:( Just sayin'