Simple electronic counter

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So I was looking at this on Amazon it appears that everything is written on Chinese, is there any chance that any other users out there have used it or something similar that they can suggest?

00 Counter.png

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Get a pin out if I can find one to use it.

It is not Greek to me but Chinese.

I have not bought one, but I would like to get a simple 4 digit at minimum counter. I have several experiments I would like to run and do not feel competent to wire such a simple item.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Funny thing is, I could design it and make a PCB but I could not solder it after I had it.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Product Description

Description:
This digital display counter has bright LED light, high accuracy, good stability, and easy installation. The meter retains the number automatically when power off.

Specifications:
Working voltage: DC 8-24V
DC current: 30mA
Counting: Plus or minus
Counting range: 0-9999
Digit number: 4 digit
Color(Optional): Blue, Green, Red
Size: Approx. 8 x 4 x 2.5cm / 3.1 x 1.5 x 0.9inch
Weight: 48g

Wire diagram:
Terminal 1: Positive
Terminal 2: Ground
Terminal 3: Signal Ground
Terminal 4: Clear
Terminal 5: Switch Pulse Signal
Terminal 6: Blue wire for increasing
Terminal 7: Black wire for decreasing
Note: The 5-Pin cable is used to connect with the counter.

Packaging Include:
1 x Digital Display Counter
1 x 5-pin Cable

So I was looking at this on Amazon it appears that everything is written on Chinese, is there any chance that any other users out there have used it or something similar that they can suggest?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I tried finding the manufacturer's website with no luck. I looked at a few other places where it is sold to see if I could find a max count rate figure, but didn't find anything. However, every site I came across gave it really poor reviews. Also, it appears that there is no debouncing of the inputs, so you will have to add that yourself.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Also, it appears that there is no debouncing of the inputs, so you will have to add that yourself.
Lack of denouncing circuitry means one can connect directly to another circuit and use it as a frequency counter - if it had debounce circuitry, the frequency response would be terrible.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
To me those negatives are good things, I'm hoping it doesn't debounce at all there have been several circuits I could use a counter on just to play with. Like I said I would build one from scratch except the soldering problem is a killer. I can solder simple things but ICs are beyond my skill level which is why we'll be using protoboards from now on to build permanent circuits I don't like it but it is something I have to live with. You try soldering with only one hand. Before the stroke I was very proficient at it. Now I make do.

russwr

Joined Aug 29, 2017
I use mine with hall effect sensor mounted next to rotating shaft with magnet . Every revolution of magnet clicks the digital counter. Counter display runs off 9v battery. Input is from the output of sensor. I use DC motor controller for variable speed control of DC motor for rotation to count wire turns on magnet wire bobbin. (homemade wire counter mounted on wood board). click click click old style mechanical counter with rotating peg on revolver, or the quiet digital type can be used.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I got this idea from Sgt Wookie, you could have used a pedometer every time the shaft rotates the pedometer will count one