Simple analog DC diagram

Joneken

Joined Jul 30, 2016
Hi, I need to have a simple DC diagram to act as a warning, when a connection is on, a light or buzzer to be off, and when same connection goes off, that light or buzzer activates.
This is for a hobby and therefore can't gone complicated
Thanks

Joneken

Joined Jul 30, 2016
You will need to be more specific about 'a connection is on'. Connection of what to what?
My connection is conducted between two galvanised nails, that are inside a moisture medium, as a normal situation, with an acceptable level of moisture the buzzer supposed to be off, when the moisture reduced and connection between to heads of nails gone off, I need the buzzer goes on. ( please note the medium is not soil, the buzzer could be, Piezo Electronic Buzzer Effect Tone Alarm 3-24VDC 12V Continuous Beep Arduino, therefore system should work with a 12V battery )
Thanks and best regards

Last edited:

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
My connection is conducted between two galvanised nails, that are inside a moisture medium, as a normal situation, with an acceptable level of moisture the buzzer supposed to be off, when the moisture reduced and connection between to heads of nails gone off, I need the buzzer goes on. ( please note the medium is not soil, the buzzer could be, Piezo Electronic Buzzer Effect Tone Alarm 3-24VDC 12V Continuous Beep Arduino, therefore system should work with a 12V battery )
Thanks and best regards
That's not what you said in your first post which suggested the input was a switch. Since no one knows what the "moisture medium" is or, more importantly, the resistance threshold at which the buzzer should sound, it's not possible to provide a solution. Perhaps you could find out that information?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
This may work for you, but success or otherwise would depend on soil/medium mineral content, nail spacing and immersion depth, in addition to moisture range.
SoilTester.JPG

Last edited:

Joneken

Joined Jul 30, 2016
Or just a switch, batty and buzzer?
Or just a switch, batty and buzzer?

Hi, sorry I confused about your question, I think what I need is a 12 V battery of course plus a buzzer, I do not know how this communication is working, but I copy an explanation That I have send to another member.

Thanks and best regards
That's not what you said in your first post which suggested the input was a switch. Since no one knows what the "moisture medium" is or, more importantly, the resistance threshold at which the buzzer should sound, it's not possible to provide a solution. Perhaps you could find out that information?
Hi again, sorry I was not clear, what I meant is that, there is a medium, like glass wool, that has a certain amount of water inside, therefore if these two nails with certain distance enter there, right amount of moisture will arrange needed conductivity between head of two nails.
Hope it's clear the idea.
Regards

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi, I need to have a simple DC diagram to act as a warning, when a connection is on, a light or buzzer to be off, and when same connection goes off, that light or buzzer activates.
Thanks
What is the typical resistance of the moist material? Clean water is not conductive.
"Arduino" conflicts with "not complicated".

Joneken

Joined Jul 30, 2016
If the water is pure it is a very poor conductor, so the proposed method may not be reliable.
Hi again, I do not have any idea, my meduim is stone wool and two nail with few millimeters distance inside of this stone wool, and whole concept is to keep this mediume with certain moisture and the distance of head of two nail could be adjust base on try and error and base on design of electric circuit.
Best regards

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I suggest you do an initial experiment. Mount the 2 nails the required distance apart in the moist medium and tell us the measured resistance between the nails.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Thanks
Stone wool? As opposed to fiberglass wool? Are you working at 600 degrees and expecting to find moisture?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Stone wool? As opposed to fiberglass wool? Are you working at 600 degrees and expecting to find moisture?
It is used for insulation:
"ROCKWOOL stone wool insulation shields buildings and their occupants, improving safety, comfort and building value. The World Health Organisation has left stone mineral wool off its list of potential carcinogens following long-term studies. After more than 60 years in use, ROCKWOOL insulation has proven to be the safe and most durable choice."

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
It is used for insulation:
"ROCKWOOL stone wool insulation shields buildings and their occupants, improving safety, comfort and building value. The World Health Organisation has left stone mineral wool off its list of potential carcinogens following long-term studies. After more than 60 years in use, ROCKWOOL insulation has proven to be the safe and most durable choice."
I guess fiberglass wool was deemed unsafe? Last time I looked stone wool was a good insulator for higher temperatures.