Signals and systems class why?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I believe that is the definition of insanity? I mean that in the best possible way.
Any time you start an enterprise you quickly come to a decision point about going forward or shutting it down. Katzenburg and Whitman just hit that wall with Quibi. Even the best and the brightest occasionally go down the Rabbit Hole.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
the major problem is engaging in slow sequential failure
Wow, if I had done that during my career it would have been very short. Must be a world of difference between design and production! We had to prove on paper the major improvements and cost savings in a project proposal paper for submission including design drawing, specifications, and cost basis estimates (with a small percentage for overruns) to be accepted and approved before we receive any project construction money. And hell hath no fury like a plant comptroller if that budget was exceeded! It was a constant battle with Area Supervisors to get their maintenance budget dollars for required improvements. Learned to lease equipment to force the lease dollars into their annual budgets in order to provide necessary improvements to control systems (which also made the comptroller happy as he didn't have to declare leased systems as assets for taxes). Yes, there were some things in college I thought were completely useless that proved otherwise later in my career. And some that were. Sometimes I would think that courses were included just to keep the Professor employed and keep him busy in order to justify his position on the academic staff.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is nice to know the difference between an obstacle, and continuing to spin your wheels at every turn. The universe must be benevolent, because it keeps showing us the way.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Well, not all project proposals got approved... Those that weren't were kept in a bottom drawer to presented later at a propitious date with a "told you so". LOL
Meticulous record keeping and the memory of an elephant wins the day. Perfect example of discipline and dedication.

prophoss

Joined Feb 26, 2019
"Remember the Human"
This was in the box prior to me posting and I think that that is great advice. It is unfortunate that the thread I started has devolved into this. No one here knows what I am dealing with. Nor do I expect anyone to know. I was simply frustrated and in need of some explanation to help me understand and possibly encourage me as I deal with what is a very hard subject. Which y'all did, including papabravo. For that I thank you all.

I did not come here to complain about how academia sucks or how it's too hard and should be easier. I expected it to be hard and I expected to not get an A or even a B in every class. I am working my butt off to do that though. Push back is not always a bad thing, but we should encourage those who need help while telling them the truth. I feel much better about system and signals class. I might even pass with a C if I get lucky on the test. If not I will take the class again and hopefully do better and understand it better as well. That is I really want anyhow. Well thanks y'all.