Siglent SDS1202X-E fan replacement

Thread Starter

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
16,486
From this thread: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...oscilloscope-fft-function.196280/post-1856036

Very simple as you only need a cutter (for a cal sticker) and a T10 driver.
1697327111191.png
1697327143726.png
Four screws remove the case and two screws remove the access shield cover.
1697327203774.png
Not too dusty. https://www.xd-fan.com/60x60x25mm-12V-24V-60mm-DC-cooling-axial-fan-pd45508554.html

1697327246458.png
The sleeve 'bearing' was toast, very loose. It was clean inside the motor and magnets so the o-ring seals were good. Not total junk but not a quality fan IMO

1697327412387.png
Used the much more robust ball bearing (both were ball bearing fans) ebmpapst fan. The San Ace at good specs too. https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/electronic-components/datasheet/9S0612M402--Sanyo-Denki/

1697327534374.png
Used some WAGO connectors instead of breaking out the soldering tools.
1697327698586.png
Done. No fan noise!
 

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
10,307
So yesterday I received my Noctua fan as a replacement for the ailing OEM grinder, and today I put it in.

IMG_0670.jpegIMG_0672.jpeg​

Not quite as simple as yours—it is a three pin fan so I to crimp on a new two-pin connector. While all the screws are the same (T10 M3 x 5mm) there are 10 of them. Four exterior and six interior. The PS is screwed to a shield around the main board to form a shielding cage when assembled.

View attachment 1697391518063.jpeg
back of PS

View attachment 305056
front of PS

IMG_0675.jpeg
main board
​
Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the new fan in place before I buttoned up, but here’s an exterior shot. The fan is secured with the included shock mounts.

IMG_0679.jpeg
​
The fan is quiet. It is definitely more quiet than the OEM fan about 2dBA SPL. It adds about 1dB over ambient from my working position. It’s well made and I don‘t expect problems for a long time.
 

Attachments

Top