Shorted M2100LS-30 Treadmill Motor Control Board

nillawafr

Joined Feb 8, 2023
Hi everyone,
I have a question about my Nordic Track A2750 Pro. I had an issue recently with the motor control board that shorted. The motor control board model is MC2100LTS-30. The treadmill would turn on,, but when I go to start the workout the signal to the motor is shorted with the red signal light off on the board. I went ahead and got another board off of another treadmill. The board model is MC2100SDI-12. I connected everything and ithe only issue is the speed can't be controlled. I calibrated the treadmill and still no luck. As soon as I go into a workout it goes full speed. I'm wondering if I wired the thermal switch wrong. The speed sensor works from what I can tell from the calibration menu. I'm trying to lower the speed on the board as well with the screw on the board. Apologies if for my lack of knowledge on the names of certain parts. I was donated this treadmill so I'm just starting to learn the tech side. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Could be the belt speed sensor not connected or in error.
What did you do with the dud boards?

Edit: OK I see you checked the sensor!

nillawafr

Joined Feb 8, 2023
I still have the mc2100ls, but the red light won't turn on and signal is not being sent to the motor as well. The incline and everything else works.
I was considering taking parts from the 2100SDI to fix the 2100LS. After doing a multi meter test on the MC2100LS I found a couple shorts one is the IRFP250 (Q4) and R13.
I'm new to this, so I wanted to post here to hopefully get some guidance before doing so.

Attachments

Last edited: