shmoo plot

user4592357

Joined Nov 13, 2016
hi. does someone know how i can "calculate" the shmoo plot from the given data (nxn matrix). and what kind of data should it be (doubles, integers?). thanks in advance.

user4592357

Joined Nov 13, 2016
yes, i think the data should be something like voltages? i want to know the algorithm to calculate the shmoo plot, i couldn't find it anywhere on the internet.

user4592357

Joined Nov 13, 2016
the matrix is the input. i know that shmoo plot is generated for chip testing but i don't know of what form the input is, what should the values be. maybe something like
Code:
4.2 4.1 4.0
3.4 3.2 3.2
(for voltages), etc.? i don't know

this is what wikipedia has, but i still can't figure out how i should represent this in a mtatrix

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How can you possibly hope to generate any meaningful plot if you can't articulate what the data in your matrix means?

For instance, if I have a voltage regulator circuit that I am qualifying then I might pick two parameters, say input voltage and temperature, and measure the output voltage over some range. The data is then stored in a matrix where the column number tells me the input voltage and the row number tells me the temperature. To turn that into a schmoo plot I need to determine whether the output voltage at each location in the matrix is within spec or not. If it is, then I plot and 'x', if it is not then I plot a blank or a '.'.

But I can only do this if I know that the values stored in the matrix represent the output voltage of the regulator and if I know how to interpret that data as a pass/fail result. If you don't know what the data in the matrix is, then how can you possibly decide whether the system passes or fails at that point?

user4592357

Joined Nov 13, 2016
actually i'm not given the data, i should provide it with the code. okay, let's say i want my matrix to represent the data in the above picture. so the matrix will be something like 20x40 matrix. in my task i'll be given the size and step. i'm trying to guess what that means. i think size means, the start of the x-axis (-10.00 in the example) and the end of x-axis (-14.00). and also the start and the end of y-axis. and the step will be -0.08. is this correct?

but then, how is pass/fail calculated? in what form are the specs given?