Shift Register SIPO , HEF4015BD

GeorgeEng

Joined Nov 20, 2016
Hello everyone , I have a shift register SIPO HEF4015BD philips and I want to make it work . that means to do he simplest job to enter e.g. a 4 bit word serially and exit it in parallel . I am trying desperately to achieve it ( I connect everything correctly I am sure about that !) for a reason I really do not know , to make the leds lit , the master reset(MR) must be grounded. Can anyone of you lease help me ???

Thank you very much !!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Thank you but I have the data sheets
The circuit I posted wasn't for you. It was so others wouldn't have to track down a datasheet before they could try to help you.
still can not debug it ,it seems that it is not working according to the datasheets , I wander if anyone has use it before could held me.
I have used that part before and it worked fine. Clearly there is something you don't understand or haven't connected correctly.

Post a schematic of how you have it connected so we can be certain you really understand how to use it.

Help us help you.

The truth table may also be useful:
upload_2017-3-19_11-17-41.png

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hello everyone , I have a shift register SIPO HEF4015BD philips and I want to make it work . that means to do he simplest job to enter e.g. a 4 bit word serially and exit it in parallel . I am trying desperately to achieve it ( I connect everything correctly I am sure about that !) for a reason I really do not know , to make the leds lit , the master reset(MR) must be grounded. Can anyone of you lease help me ???

Thank you very much !!
What are you doing wrong?
Apply power.
Set clock low.
Hold Reset low.
Apply data (high or low)
Apply a clock pulse. Pulse it high. Clean pulse required. not just a switch.
If data in was high the output should go high. What type of circuit are you using to look at the output?

Here is an exercise for an example.

Attachments

GeorgeEng

Joined Nov 20, 2016
The circuit I posted wasn't for you. It was so others wouldn't have to track down a datasheet before they could try to help you.
I have used that part before and it worked fine. Clearly there is something you don't understand or haven't connected correctly.

Post a schematic of how you have it connected so we can be certain you really understand how to use it.

Help us help you.

The truth table may also be useful:
View attachment 122812

Thank you very much for your time and help , I will post you a photo of the circuit I have build.

I use s switches instead of clocks , because that is what I am trying to do , to realize manually how it works.....

Thanks a lot

Attachments

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
There are a couple of mistakes in your breadboard.
Make the corrections as indicated in my picture.
Red = Add in wire or divert the connection.
Green "X" = Remove.

WP_MOD.jpg
After modifications, the schematic should look like this...

4015 S_R_MOD.PNG
Allen

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I connect everything correctly I am sure about that !
This is the problem. You didn't have everything connected correctly.

This is what I read from your breadboard:
upload_2017-3-22_8-25-23.png
Reset is floating and CLK and D are floating whenever the switches aren't closed. Floating inputs are a no-no on CMOS.

This is how you should have the inputs connected:
upload_2017-3-22_8-27-22.png

As @AnalogKid mentioned, you'll have switch bounce issues.

GeorgeEng

Joined Nov 20, 2016
This is the problem. You didn't have everything connected correctly.

This is what I read from your breadboard:
View attachment 123060
Reset is floating and CLK and D are floating whenever the switches aren't closed. Floating inputs are a no-no on CMOS.

This is how you should have the inputs connected:
View attachment 123061

As @AnalogKid mentioned, you'll have switch bounce issues.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration now it is working properly........
And yes I have bouncing problems , why it that ??

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
And yes I have bouncing problems , why it that ??
The contacts in most mechanical switches make and break contact multiple times for each actuation. This is a problem when switches are used to trigger digital logic that can respond to multiple transitions.

A quick and dirty solution is to put a capacitor across the switch contacts.

GeorgeEng

Joined Nov 20, 2016
The contacts in most mechanical switches make and break contact multiple times for each actuation. This is a problem when switches are used to trigger digital logic that can respond to multiple transitions.

A quick and dirty solution is to put a capacitor across the switch contacts.

Hi ! I would like to ask you something little bit different , now I am working with the PIPO shift register MC14035BCP and I want to make it shift the data to the left or the right ?? Do you know how can I do that ??Do you know which pins to I have to connect so that can work properly ?? I post you a photo with what I have done till now and the IC schematic

Attachments

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
First you need to read the datasheet before you start to use this chip.

What is the voltage for your Vdd (Pin 16) ?

WP_20170403_005.jpg
Allen

Attachments

GeorgeEng

Joined Nov 20, 2016
First you need to read the datasheet before you start to use this chip.

What is the voltage for your Vdd (Pin 16) ?

View attachment 123865
Allen
My voltage is 8 V . In picture shown I was mistaken and I put pin 8 at Vdd instead of ground.
The lines are respectevly red as + ans blue as ground. What do you mean by "the 8 pin should be -ive ??

Regards
George