Servo direction change after hitting limit switch

Miral7988

Joined Apr 29, 2022
I need ideas on a relay based control for a preconfigured servo.
I configured the servo to be cw or ccw based the condition of the 2 inputs.

The functionality is as such. when you press the pushbutton and push the carriage the motor ride on away from the rear limit switch the motor will start spinning in CW direction until the travel ends and the front limit is hit. When this happens the motor should change direction to CCW

What I want to do is only use 1 push button and 2 travel limit sensors to achieve this.

input.jpg

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I need ideas on a relay based control for a preconfigured servo.
I configured the servo to be cw or ccw based the condition of the 2 inputs.

The functionality is as such. when you press the pushbutton and push the carriage the motor ride on away from the rear limit switch the motor will start spinning in CW direction until the travel ends and the front limit is hit. When this happens the motor should change direction to CCW

What I want to do is only use 1 push button and 2 travel limit sensors to achieve this.

View attachment 266124
Does the button need to be pressed and held for servo to move?

If so, if it is pressed again, should it move in same direction, or reverse direction?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Are we talking about a servo motor by definition?
A servomotor is a rotary actuator or linear actuator that allows for precise control of angular or linear position, velocity and acceleration. It consists of a suitable motor coupled to a sensor for position feedback. Wikipedia.

or are we talking about a dc motor reversing rotational direction moving a trolly back and forth? I am not seeing a servo motor in this description.

Ron