Servo assisted torque amplifier?

Gayweeddaddy69

Joined Jun 6, 2017
Hey, newbie here! I'm working on a lightweight, simple exoskeleton that decreases both impact forces and required energy when performing strikes for use in reducing muscle strain and injury in martial arts. If I can only reduce impact forces that's fine, but ideally I would like to supplement the user's own energy with stored electrical energy.

My question is this: is there a good place to look up mechanisms and gearboxes for performing simple tasks? Specifically, I want to take existing rotation and increase the torque of that rotation as it occurs without losing speed by adding energy to the system via servo. I would use Google, and have tried, but I'm so new that I don't even know what question to ask. I know somebody smarter than me has figured this all out, but how do I figure out what they did to solve the problem? Thanks so much!

Jenna

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Your best bet would be to Google for things "robotics" related. That would be my guess anyway. Robotics gets into all sorts of motors including servo as well as their control.

Ron