Sensor with delay on timer for automated spray

Ane Jill Lima

Joined Jun 20, 2019
Good day! I would like to ask some help for my peoject. I am going to make an automated door handle spray without the use of a microcontroller. Can you help me design a circuit using a JFET/MOSFET as one of its components? Specifically, I have to make a circuit that once a PIR sensor detects a person in front of a door, the trigger on the spray (servo motor/dc motor) will delay its effect for 5-10 seconds (like after the person has opened the door before it sprays)
Shout out to @AnalogKid please help me out. I've seen alot of threads that ur answering these questions. Thank you.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Is this a school project or homework?
Is this for a device that will be manufactured and sold?
What power sources are available for the control circuit?
What are the voltage and current of the spray device?

ak

Ane Jill Lima

Joined Jun 20, 2019

ak
It's a school project and this wont be manufactured yet (just a proposal). I have no idea for the power sources (sorry im new to this topic). All we have to do is to make a project that uses MOSFET.
And for the spray device, I'm thinking of using a spray bottle and the servo motor to connect it on the trigger of spray but its more complex but i can also use dc water pump. Here's the attacef file for an automated dispenser using dc water pump (from youtube). But i have no idea how to make a delay on timer for this one. Hope u could help me on this.

Attachments

Ane Jill Lima

Joined Jun 20, 2019
Can I use

ak
Can I use an RC to delay it for 5 seconds? And another circuit using MOFET to delay off timer to set the time of trigger for 2-3 seconds?