sensor to Bluetooth

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
I am looking to build a circuit as a project that would allow me to monitor a gearbox (for example) by a form of a sensor to detect a change in pitch any wear to said gearbox. The information would then be sent via Bluetooth to a laptop for analysis. My questions are. 1) is this feasible? 2) What components would I need and how would I construct the circuit? Thank you in advance for your time and input

I am looking to build a circuit as a project that would allow me to monitor a gearbox (for example) by a form of a sensor to detect a change in pitch any wear to said gearbox. The information would then be sent via Bluetooth to a laptop for analysis. My questions are. 1) is this feasible? 2) What components would I need and how would I construct the circuit? Thank you in advance for your time and input
Hi and welcome to AAC

I will take a shot at answering your questions:

1) is this feasible?
Yes.

2) What components would I need and how would I construct the circuit?

Well, that's a bit more than you can expect right off the bat I would say. But perhaps some guidance would be helpful.

Take a look at some projects where people have done something similar to what you what like to do. These could give you an idea of the basic approaches, components and circuits. These two (1 and 2) project articles on AAC used BLE to transmit sensor information are offered as examples :).

Even before that though, start looking around for examples of how you might develop "a sensor to detect a change in pitch". It's amazing what people can do with a microphone and a controller. Think some more about what exactly you are looking to detect and respond back with your approach and ask for feedback.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You will need a microcontroller and bluetooth interface for starters. The Arduino and HC-05 are a good start if you don't know much about microcontrollers.