Sense Resistor question

Thread Starter

philliesws10

Joined Mar 31, 2013
5
Hello everyone! I have a question that im really having trouble starting. How would i go about this question?

Suppose we have the circuit below. Furthermore, suppose that the voltage across the sense resistor (Rsense) is 50mV peak-to-peak at an angle of 32 degrees (relative to the 10V peak-to-peak source) and the voltage across port 2 is 5V peak to peak at an angle of -40 degrees. What is the magnitude z11 (in ohms)? What is the phase angle of z11 (in degrees)?

/Users/stevo2393/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 11.30.04 PM.png

Thanks a lot!
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,196
You need to start by showing your efforts to work YOUR homework problem.

BTW: I get a 404 error when I try to view your image attachment.
 

Thread Starter

philliesws10

Joined Mar 31, 2013
5
I understand that because port 2 is open then I2 = 0. Therefore I would use the equation Z11 = V1/I1. I am just confused on what V1 and I1 are.
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,196
I'm still getting a 404 error when I try to view the image you attached.

Please repost the image. I can't do anything else until I can see the figure you are talking about.
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,196
I don't see a V1 or an I1 anywhere in your diagram. We are not mind readers. I can guess which voltages/currents you are referring to, but I shouldn't have to. Worse, if I guess wrong then we both waste our time talking about different things using the same words. This is YOUR problem, don't make people guess what you are talking about.
 
Top