sending data over an induction charging circuit.

Jonathan David Bond

Joined Nov 10, 2015
I know it's possible to transmit power over very short distances with 2 pieces of coiled wire.

I don't know the science behind it,but I'm assuming that even if you applied a DC input you would get an AC output that would need rectifying for a DC circuit.

Is it possible to modulate and demodulate this?

I'm thinking along the lines of FSK rather than OOK/ASK due to the receiver being powered by the transmitter.

I would have considered NFC, but I need to supply about 200mA at 5v and I only need to transmit a few bytes of data.

Jonathan David Bond

Joined Nov 10, 2015
Transformer coupled data transmission is done all the time, but what is NFC?
NFC = Near Field Communication (a firm of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification))

It's used in a lot of smartphone to transfer data or read tags but doesn't put out a lot of power.

Can you point Mr in the direction of this Transformer Coupled Data Transmission of which you speak?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Wireless chargers are all the rage. Basically a wireless charger is an air-core transformer, so it transfers only AC. That AC can be modulated in many combinations of ways, but any kind of AM will decrease the total amount of power being transferred.

ak