Send message via NFC from android to RC522 Arduino

dennyrizram

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Hello, i'm starting a new project that uses NFC. I want to unlock some kind of door with the embedded NFC feature on the Android Smartphone. I was told by an electronic component seller that i can use the cheap RC522 to read the message from the phone and send it to the arduino. But when i search the RC522 on google it was just bassically a RFID reader. My question is it possible to use RC522 as NFC Reader to receive message from a Smartphone?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello, i'm starting a new project that uses NFC. I want to unlock some kind of door with the embedded NFC feature on the Android Smartphone. I was told by an electronic component seller that i can use the cheap RC522 to read the message from the phone and send it to the arduino. But when i search the RC522 on google it was just bassically a RFID reader. My question is it possible to use RC522 as NFC Reader to receive message from a Smartphone?
Do you have a block diagram of what you'd like to do (and a second one showing how your initial solution should work). There seems to be big gaps in your goal (first block diagram) and your method (second block).