Send analog signal to smartphones

ronbo76

Joined Apr 2, 2018
Hello, I am trying to send the analog data to the Android smartphone and use the mobile processor to convert the data into digital. I am searching a lot but not able to find the exact keyword to start to learn something theoretical and start with practical, so any good advice to run some test with this kind of solution will be very helpful.

thanks in advance.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
ESP8266 or ESP32, look at youtube for lots of videos on this topic.

Can use Arduino IDE for programming. Many low cost modules on
Ebay, alliexpress.com

Regards, Dana.

ronbo76

Joined Apr 2, 2018
ESP8266 or ESP32, look at youtube for lots of videos on this topic.

Can use Arduino IDE for programming. Many low cost modules on
Ebay, alliexpress.com

Regards, Dana.
Hey
Thanks for the reply but I already use it with Arduino, but what I want is to use android phone processor to convert the analog signals using USB or Auxiliary port

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hey
Thanks for the reply but I already use it with Arduino, but what I want is to use android phone processor to convert the analog signals using USB or Auxiliary port
USB is digital. Always was.

Auxiliary. Well. Since I don’t know what phone u have, I can not tell if it is analog or digital.

Of the top of my head the only analog input that cell phone has would be microphone. I figure u can feed it 4-10 kHz analog signal. How u are going to store and process it is waaaaaaY beyond me.

Bottom line. I do not think u understand what is analog and what is digital.

Last edited:

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
An example of Blue using DelSig to measure and transfer to Android power
measurements.

Could have used mux for more channels, or the onboard multichannel sequencing
SAR A/D.

upload_2018-8-13_9-38-16.png

Regards, Dana.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Of the top of my head the only analog input that cell phone has would be microphone.
Most smartphones have cameras and thus can measure light level also. I think you could even discriminate wavelength in software. They also have radios and I suppose could tease out an analog signal riding on an RF carrier but they're certainly not doing that normally, so I doubt you could take control of the radio at that deep level. Hmmm... I have an app that can measure signal strength of wifi and bluetooth signals. Maybe that is getting close.

I have no idea if any of this is relevant to the TS.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Most smartphones have cameras and thus can measure light level also. I think you could even discriminate wavelength in software. They also have radios and I suppose could tease out an analog signal riding on an RF carrier but they're certainly not doing that normally, so I doubt you could take control of the radio at that deep level. Hmmm... I have an app that can measure signal strength of wifi and bluetooth signals. Maybe that is getting close.

All true.

I was thinking in terms of pc sound card oscilloscope. Something that has been in common use by hobbyist for more than decade now.

ronbo76

Joined Apr 2, 2018

Hello,

Exactly my kind of stuff I am trying to measure the signal strength of Zigbee module(acting as a receiver) which is connected with a smartphone via Aux port and want to measure the signal strength ZigBee modules which are transmitting the data to the receiver ZigBee module connected with a smartphone.

Can you tell me something about the app you are using to measure the strength of wifi and Bluetooth?

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hello,

Exactly my kind of stuff I am trying to measure the signal strength of Zigbee module(acting as a receiver) which is connected with a smartphone via Aux port and want to measure the signal strength ZigBee modules which are transmitting the data to the receiver ZigBee module connected with a smartphone.

Can you tell me something about the app you are using to measure the strength of wifi and Bluetooth?
https://support.weboost.com/hc/en-u...ne-s-Signal-Strength-Reading-Field-Test-Mode-