Selection of Class 2 serial interface IC

sujith.g

Joined Jul 7, 2015
Hi,

I would like to identify a micro-controller with minimum 6 ADC, 1 PWM and most importantly which supports C2SI protocol. I came across TMS470 in google. But when I asked TI they replied saying "This part is designated as Not Recommended for New Designs (NRND) and is not supported on this E2E forum. There used to be a Kickstart development board for this part, even that is not available any more. I would suggest looking into one of our newer Hercules MCUs. See this page for a complete list of TMS570 and RM Hercules MCUs:"

Can someone please suggest an alternate part number.

Thanks in advance!!!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi,

I would like to identify a micro-controller with minimum 6 ADC, 1 PWM and most importantly which supports C2SI protocol. I came across TMS470 in google. But when I asked TI they replied saying "This part is designated as Not Recommended for New Designs (NRND) and is not supported on this E2E forum. There used to be a Kickstart development board for this part, even that is not available any more. I would suggest looking into one of our newer Hercules MCUs. See this page for a complete list of TMS570 and RM Hercules MCUs:"

Can someone please suggest an alternate part number.

Thanks in advance!!!
How about using the parametric search feature on any Microcontroller manufacturer's web page (including TI.com, microchip.com, ...). You can do the same thing by searching at digikey.com, newark.com, ...

I won't do it for you because it is something you should learn to do yourself.

sujith.g

Joined Jul 7, 2015
How about using the parametric search feature on any Microcontroller manufacturer's web page (including TI.com, microchip.com, ...). You can do the same thing by searching at digikey.com, newark.com, ...

I won't do it for you because it is something you should learn to do yourself.
Actually I did search in digikey and all I could find is TMS470 which supports C2SIb. Problem is when I contacted TI they said it is not recommended to use the IC in new designs as it is nearing EOF. The alternate ICs which they suggested do not have C2SIb. Well that is the reason am posting it on a forum.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Do you know for a fact that ANY other silicon manufacturer ever implemented such a peripheral on one or more of their micro platforms. TI might be the only one, and maybe it failed in the marketplace despite its advantages.