Selecting the correct Vibration motor

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Hi all, I am building this cct to reduce the vibration in a 2.4Ghz radio controlled helicopter. I will be using a vibration motor instead of a basic one. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys could help with. 1. What vibration motor would be the best to use to achieve my aim and 2. The breadboard I am using is quite small, is there a min/max voltage/current to certain sized breadboard? Thank you in advance for any expert input.

upload_2018-3-26_20-20-52.png

View attachment 149130

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Are you certain this circuit will do what you want?
Putting a 741 in this circuit will yield results that are very different from an LM358.
By breadboard, do you mean perf-board and soldering, or a solderless proto-board?
Photo or your breadboard?

ak

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
How will you synchronise the motor's speed with the helicopter vibrations and ensure the vibro-motor's vibrations are in anti-phase with them? If they're not in anti-phase you will just be making the vibration situation worse.

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
How will you synchronise the motor's speed with the helicopter vibrations and ensure the vibro-motor's vibrations are in anti-phase with them? If they're not in anti-phase you will just be making the vibration situation worse.
Having looked at ways of detecting vibration In full sized helicopters by using accelerometers or magnetic pick offs there doesn't seem to be anything designed for radio controlled helicopters (probably due to the fact that there isn' much vibration unless it' crashed ie bent frame/spindle etc) so although not the most scientific way it will just be through gradual trial and error

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
One of the difficulties with cancelling/reducing helicopter vibration is that the main vibration axis is not constant; it varies with the direction of movement of the helicopter. Because the helicopter speed either adds to or subtracts from the air speed over a blade, depending on whether the blade is advancing or retreating, the blade lift force varies cyclically.

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
One of the difficulties with cancelling/reducing helicopter vibration is that the main vibration axis is not constant; it varies with the direction of movement of the helicopter. Because the helicopter speed either adds to or subtracts from the air speed over a blade, depending on whether the blade is advancing or retreating, the blade lift force varies cyclically.
For the purpose of the project I will be attempting to reduce the vibration whilst the helicopter is lashed to the deck so there won’t be a changing vibration through various inputs to aircraft movement