Security Cameras

Shea Faulkner

Joined Jan 13, 2020
I have a Q about a Security Camera Speaker Volume adjustment.
I want to know if it’s possible to solder a small speaker to my camera for boosted 2way communication.
9D027BFF-4553-4E30-8859-AC8CA2EF748A.png

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Can you be a bit more explicit please? You may be able to solder a speaker onto the camera if they are both made of metal that can be soldered, but I don't think that is what you really want to know. How do you propose to use it for two way communication?
Regards
Keith

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Does the camera already support 2-way communication of any kind? If yes, then it is likely possible to crack it open and add a small amplifier and speaker to the existing speaker. If no, then it's going to be more complicated.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Welcome to AAC.

Since energy can not be created or destroyed but can only be converted - you are using electrical power to operate a small speaker. The amount of energy that small speaker uses suggests that there's a limited amount of power (energy or wattage). A larger speaker will require MORE energy. Without changing the electronics the larger speaker will not get enough energy to make it any louder.

There are different types of speakers, but I don't think you want a horn speaker, the kind you see at the race track or other out-door public events. And those speakers typically operate on a much higher voltage.

Anything is possible as long as it's done right. More volume (louder) means more power. More power can allow you to use a larger speaker. But simply soldering in another speaker - or a bigger speaker isn't going to give you the results I'm assuming you're looking for.