Scrap IE11 and replace with ?!

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Sites are telling me that IE11 is not supported - all of a sudden.
What browser should I replace it with?
{Let the fighting begin...}

Google is doing a few things to cut back on the ad tracking so maybe it is not a bad choice but Firefox is my primary browser.
Microsoft has finally given up, their next browser will be based on Chromium. Looks like the future will be Mozilla vs Google.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Okay, I installed FF as default browser and everything works except this place is a bit weird now. Here I am logged in:
Capture1.PNG
Then if I click the "Forum" button I am not logged in (no "New Posts" button):
Capture2.PNG
Then clicking "Today's Posts", and I am logged in again:
Capture3.PNG
It wasn't like this with IE11. What is going on?

402DF855

Joined Feb 9, 2013
Several months ago I switched from IE11 to Microsoft Edge which I had avoided for some reason. But I like it, it seems to work well. Pretty sure it is more stable and faster than its predecessor.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I use Chrome and there is always something weird going on with Log In status.
Sometimes it thinks you are not logged in even though you are.
This has been going on for years now.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Okay, I installed FF as default browser and everything works except this place is a bit weird now. Here I am logged in:
View attachment 180296
Then if I click the "Forum" button I am not logged in (no "New Posts" button):
View attachment 180297
Then clicking "Today's Posts", and I am logged in again:
View attachment 180300
It wasn't like this with IE11. What is going on?
The site has two themes/styles. The orange one is the default. I prefer the blue one.
Go to your profile. Scroll down to Preferences. There there will be Style. In the style selection you only have two choices.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Microsoft replaced IE with Edge. I don't like it and have been using Chrome. Will probably end up replacing Chrome with some other Chromium based browser that doesn't spy as much.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
The site has two themes/styles. The orange one is the default. I prefer the blue one.
Go to your profile. Scroll down to Preferences. There there will be Style. In the style selection you only have two choices.
+1 Fluid 3.x is the blue theme. There's a box somewhere that keeps you logged in - sorry,I've been logged in so long I forgot where it is.
Change your bookmark to
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com
and you'll go right to the forum list.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
+1 Fluid 3.x is the blue theme. There's a box somewhere that keeps you logged in - sorry,I've been logged in so long I forgot where it is.
Change your bookmark to
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com
and you'll go right to the forum list.
Curiouser and curiouser!
Now I get the blue theme...
until I click that forum button and then I get the same logged out screen as above and in ORANGE!
WTF

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
@AlbertHall
Just a caching issue I'm sure. Just clear them or reset the page.

Microsoft replaced IE with Edge. I don't like it and have been using Chrome. Will probably end up replacing Chrome with some other Chromium based browser that doesn't spy as much.
Im pretty sure microsoft also does not lile edge and is dumpimg it for a new chrome based browser. Last I remember hearing anyway.

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
When you first loaded the page you created a cache of the page. Then when you log in it's looking back at the original cache. nothing to do with IE。 This could also be cache issues caused in script on serverside and nothing you do would would fix it in that case.
There's one thing I do that I can produce the same error I can't remember what it is and it's not during normal forum browsing. So it is probably something server-side

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I stay in the blue theme, until I click on something in the top toolbar. Then, I switch to orange, and it asks me to log in again. Almost always the click was a mistake but if I click on Forums | Latest, I’m back on the New Posts page, in the blue theme and logged in.