Scooter electro motor

thomaspetersen

Joined Jan 29, 2017
Hi
I have some questions about electro motors 24V 1000rpm scooter electro motor.
And im new for this theme..

1. If I have two 24V 1000rpm scooter electro motors, and one is wired +=+ and -=- then lets say it will run clockwise, if I then wire the other +=- and -=+ will it then run anti-clockwise ?

2. If running 1000rpm and one is running clockwise and the other anti-clockwise, with 25cm between them - if I then have an object 400gram of weight (a ball), what speed will it shot this object at ? (if we thing something lige this http://jugssports.com/images/products/soccermachine.jpg)

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC.
1) It would depend on the type of motor. A permanent magnet brushed motor would be reversible as you suggest, but that method won't work for the 3-phase brushless types (which seem to be in the majority). Most scooter drivers don't want reverse drive :) .
2) Motor shaft (or attached drum/roller) diameter, as well as speed, determines the tangential velocity imparted to the ball. Compressibility of the ball would also be a factor.

If you had the two motors 'facing each other' you wouldn't need to reverse one of them.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If it is a BLDC motor that uses sensor feedback for the commutation, they can be reversed by swapping a pair of sensor leads together with the corresponding stator leads, this is usually invisible to the controller.
Max.

thomaspetersen

Joined Jan 29, 2017
Is it possible to get at BLDC Motor with these spec.
Variable Speed
Maximum developed horsepower 1/4 hp
Volts around 90vDC
Amps 3 amps
Hertz 50/60 Hz
RPM "no load" 1900 rpm
With overload protection

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Is BLDC a must? You can get DC 1.5hp treadmill motors 90vdc.
The current is dependent on load.
So you may be able to operated around the 3amp mark.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Most of the T.M. motors are made in China now, not sure what is available in the EU, in N.A. there are only a couple of DC motor manuf. now.
Max.