Samsung Plasma PS51E450

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I am Primarily asking Tom66 for help but others are most welcome

I read at badcaps forum about this model.
I do not wanna register every where.
Tom66 answered the post there.
It seems he has more experience in Plasma's than me.

I am troubled with the model in Post header.
I read thru the badcaps forum hence here are my findings.

Checked the buffer for shorts and did not find any.
The screen flashed snow as far as I can see at power up but it lights one third of the screen. Screen bottom flashes.
Vs,Vsc.Va and Ve can be measured for a second or so. Reading can be taken during the flash or power on.
After that the panel supply decays. So need to reboot to take measurements. DC voltages can be adjusted to the value stated on Panel.
I believe supply is OK.
The TV can be switched to standby by remote and can be turned on again.
At turn on the snow is not completely white. But rather it has colored lines but snow is there. I need to capture a video of it I think.

Cannot find any shorted components on ZY and said above buffer shorts are not there.

I am lost as of now
By the way the LED on T-CON is flashing. On for 5 seconds and off for 2 seconds.
I cam here the SMPS or supply area switch on noise around Vcs when the display comes on and goes off with the screen

Last edited:

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
You may have a missing supply or need to replace z-sus or y-sus and the associated drivers or it could be a software issue. ....if it is Compaire would be handy for fault finding. ....have you disconnected the z and y sus boards etc then checked the power supply on its own? May even be ssb related

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I will do some research later to help out ...

Sorry almost forgot.. When I work on repairing tv's , most of the time I look for repair kits for that model of tv and see whats a common problem and start there and most of the time that helps out alot...

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I replaced the PSU and Mobo....before..same issue.
I think I can rule out mobo and PSU. I do not have the SUS PCB's to check.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Funny....The video on how to check Buffer did not help..!
Replacing the buffer did the Job.