Sammax Tilt / Thermostat switch

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
All I can read is Summax TO-1.

It goes inside a small space heater, 110v.

There are probably a hundred million of these on the planet, but I can't find the correct name for them.

I need a couple of these for some otherwise good space heaters.

I've checked Ebay and Digikey, but without knowing what they are called, it isn't producing any results.

Any leads you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Attachments

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
Thats it, and the one I need is called an Adjustable bi metal thermostat switch.

Good grief they are expensive. The cheapest one I've found on ebay so far is $9.00 +.

Thanks for the quick response.

Gary

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
No problem and yes, they can get pricey. Really depends on the range, how much current the switch will carry and other variables in the selection process. For some applications they are the logical choice. Yes, they are a popular "go to" for many electric space heaters. When replacing them the switch can exceed the cost of the heater in some cases. :)

Ron

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There are also Dryer appliance thermostats that can be had for ~$5.00 on ebay, they may be in the temperature range you are looking for, one is a normal temp level control and a second for over heat condition.
Max.

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
I did find some from China, for $.060 each, but I have to order 10,000 of them.

Max,
In this case, with the Space Heater application, it must have the Tilt/Off function as well as the thermal protection.

Thanks,
Gary