Sadly a link to my (first) thread as an answer to an older thread have been deleted.

AndyJott

Joined Sep 17, 2015
Sadly a link to my (first) thread as an answer to an older thread have been deleted because they sad it is spam. It's an answer of a question that have been put online here in the forums. I don't know what you understand as spam, but I am new to here and it's a win-win situation in my oppinion if you can get some infos about my experience and I get honoured by the manufacturer with some discount if YOU like it. Other people had this questions in the past so why is it bad for you if I tell the answer before anybody asks again ? So the questions if the mods here are serious is justified for me.

Answers from several users to my report:
-This doesn't strike me as spam. It appears to be a genuine PCB manufacturing service review, which is perfectly acceptable (and helpful) on this site. ....
-I think this was a good post. I'm always looking for new and economical board houses for my projects and my clients. .....
- ... We discussed a board prototyping service, which is very topical and could be of benefit to everyone on this site.....

Other say they felt spammed ... ok but last but not least there are people which were interested an not the best thread can intereset everybody at all.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Sadly a link to my (first) thread as an answer to an older thread have been deleted because they sad it is spam. It's an answer of a question that have been put online here in the forums. I don't know what you understand as spam, but I am new to here and it's a win-win situation in my oppinion if you can get some infos about my experience and I get honoured by the manufacturer with some discount if YOU like it. Other people had this questions in the past so why is it bad for you if I tell the answer before anybody asks again ? So the questions if the mods here are serious is justified for me.

-This doesn't strike me as spam. It appears to be a genuine PCB manufacturing service review, which is perfectly acceptable (and helpful) on this site. ....
-I think this was a good post. I'm always looking for new and economical board houses for my projects and my clients. .....
- ... We discussed a board prototyping service, which is very topical and could be of benefit to everyone on this site.....

Other say they felt spammed ... ok but last but not least there are people which were interested an not the best thread can intereset everybody at all.
If I were you I would have left out the promotional info (do so and so and save this much). That does sound a bit like a commercial to me. However, I don't think you intentionally posted spam. I expect you simply aren't familiar with forum etiquette in that department.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

What was your motivation to create an account at AAC?

Would you have taken the time to write that review if you were not getting a benefit from the manufacturer?

What other services have you felt compelled to write about in the past (without economic benefit to you)? Can you send us links?

Can you see why others on this site think your intentions lean more to helping your pocketbook than informing the members of AAC?

Do you understand why we think it smells like delicious fried SPAM?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015

While I did not see the post/link to which you refer -A good guideline is that anything 'smacking' of advertising is liable to be deemed spam -- Moreover, no need to take it personally! -- New members are (understandably) more closely scrutinized pending establishment of their intent --- Please 'take it in stride' as an object lesson in posting policy --- Please enjoy the AAC fora!:):):)

Most sincerely
HP

AndyJott

Joined Sep 17, 2015
I am here to get on touch with people. Not every day or even every week but when I feel the need to. And AAC is not the first nor the last forum I registered. There is not THE reason why I am here. But I know where I can come to when I feel I have to for whatever reason.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
What was your motivation to create an account at AAC?

Would you have taken the time to write that review if you were not getting a benefit from the manufacturer?

What other services have you felt compelled to write about in the past (without economic benefit to you)? Can you send us links?

Can you see why others on this site think your intentions lean more to helping your pocketbook than informing the members of AAC?

Do you understand why we think it smells like delicious fried SPAM?
How many Ginsu knives do I get if I order now?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

One thing to take note of is that your thread was deleted for violating the User Agreement regarding advertising, but you were not banned. Perhaps the relevance of that might be a bit clearer once you understand that the normal action taken against spammers is to both have their spam deleted AND an immediate and permanent ban of the user without notification or means of appeal. So your content WAS viewed as being different from most spam, but it was still clearly an advertisement, which is a violation of the User Agreement, so the content was deleted but you were only warned.

Informing someone about this company and its services when it is a relevant and direct response to specific post is one thing, but joining a site and immediately starting a thread that informs and encourages people to do business with a company for which you receive a direct benefit if they do? How can that be anything other than advertising?

Normally I would recommend that you consider submitting an article that reviews the company to have it put on the main page of AAC, but in this case I can't do so in good conscience because, no matter how well written your review might be, the fact is that it can't be regarded as an unbiased review because you are receiving compensation from the company in proportion to how much your "review" brings in new sales. That seriously calls into question the validity of the review since you have every motive to write a shining review and little motive to disclose unfavorable aspects and to what degree you do disclose such aspects might only be to give the review a more legitimate look and feel.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Leave the promotion out of it.

We have a very good blog space.

As WBahn said, we also publish articles.

The mods here operate as a close team, unlike some sites. Your article was thoroughly discussed by the staff here.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Sadly a link to my (first) thread as an answer to an older thread have been deleted because they sad it is spam. ...
One thing to take note of is that your thread was deleted for violating the User Agreement regarding advertising, but you were not banned.
Deleted was a bit strong, it looks like it was only locked.
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/my-experience-with-the-pcb-manufacturer-3pcb-com.115554/
If the like to the supplier was deleted, it is still in the title of the thread.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Sadly a link to my (first) thread as an answer to an older thread have been deleted.
In this world of hypersensitivity and over commercialization, you cannot blame people being suspicious of anything remotely resembling some form of informercial, even if it is not.

Just be more tolerant of others

Moderators note: reduced font size, large fonts are like shouting

Last edited by a moderator: