Rules for Off Topic

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I would propose that NONE of the threads that are violating the letter of the law are educational. I personally was sucked into one of them and finally extracted myself.

One can detect a certain style. Primarily, no one participating in those threads have an open mind and cannot be educated. There goes that argument. Participants have devolved the thread into a pissing contest.

When I came on board, the restriction was explained to me as this is exactly what would happen. And that feelings and respect, central to AAC, would be lost.

Again, if this is "settled law" give me the choice of opting out.

I can imagine another diaspora.
Well, speaking for myself, I have learned things from some of those posts. Mostly about human nature, but learning none the less.
I belong to other forums. This one is by far the best and very active. I just took a quick look at one that has stringent rules. Four new posts today. :( 12 members on line. 4 of which are moderators. Not to exciting.
Anyway. Sorry you feel upset about it.

I'm not trying to insult you.
It is not my impression that you are... That said, your rationalizations in regards to this matter --are same to be taken seriously[?]-- imply gross underestimation (and, hence, insult) of my (and other's) intelligence...

I just don't understand why if it bothers you you keep looking at it.
I for one try not to let it permeate all of them.
General 'permeation' by polarization and otherwise 'bad feeling' (among the 'active kernel') secondary to the 'free-for-all threads' is beyond obvious!:rolleyes: - @ronv, Being, as you are, an (otherwise) constructive, emotionally mature contributor, I'm bound to say I find your denial (IMO feigned ignorance) of same curious...:confused:

I did take a look at EHT and I would point out in my mind you violate:
- No Abusing or Insulting Members
If you are referring to the banter between @Jazz2C , @Aleph(0) and myself - you may rest assured it's friendlier than it may at times appear;) -- IOW there is neither insult nor abuse where offense is neither intended nor taken...:)

So... Might I inquire as to what constructive purpose you imagine is satisfied via provision for political discussion on this site?:confused::confused::confused:

Best regards
HP:)

Well, speaking for myself, I have learned things from some of those posts. Mostly about human nature, but learning none the less.
Yebut this site is concerned with electronics and, to a lesser extent, general physical science --- 'Study' of contention, personal rancor and, indeed, hate weren't part of the deal!:(

So... Once again:
Might I inquire as to what constructive purpose you imagine is satisfied via provision for political discussion on this site?
--Emphasis 'Amplified'--;)

Best regards
HP

Adults can argue in a civil manner. Happens all the time.
Where politics is concerned, I respectfully disagree!:rolleyes: In any event, there is precious little 'civility' on those threads!:eek:

#1rule.No flamewars if you say something that creates this then yo are wrong.
So... 'No Politics' 'No Politics' but 'No Flamewars' = 'No Flamewars' -- Guess that's clear enough:confused::confused::confused:

Inasmuch as equality is no longer (necessarily) transitive 'round here, I'm bound to inquire as to whether similar re-interpretation of "No Transformer-less power supplies" is in with a chance?;)

Best regards
HP:):cool:

PS -- Pleased to see your increasing presence on the fora! -- Welcome back!:):):)