Rotating text in Eagle

sailmike

Joined Nov 11, 2013
I'm making a prototyping board for 4 different types of LED's on one board using Eagle. I need to align some of the text so it can be read from the left side and top of the board. Rotating the text doesn't work because the text can only be read from either the bottom or right side of the board. The text I'm trying to align to be read from the left is circled in the photo. I've tried rotating the entire board, but the text is still read from the bottom and/or right. How do I align the text to be read from the left or top, if it's possible?

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
If I recall correctly, you can SMASH the part and this will allow you to manipulate the text independently, i.e. you can then rotate the text.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
On the 2ed horizontal toolbar near the left you'll see Abc+ and Abc+ upside down. The upside down one is for spinning the text. Click it and use ROTATE or right click to spin the text.

sailmike

Joined Nov 11, 2013
That works! Those buttons are not intuitive at all. It took some experimenting to get the right orientation I wanted. First click on the text icon, enter the text, rotate to the side I want by clicking the right mouse button, and then click on the upside down ABC+.

Thanks!

Last edited: