Roku Plus Bandwidth

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I have the Roku Plus Stick and I have it Set to 2.4 WiFi and a Display of 720 HD.

Every 15 Seconds or so the Image will Freeze for less then Half a Second.

Then it will Play ok and do this again the next 15 Seconds or so.

So I Remembered I Set My Sisters Bandwidth on Her Roku Plus Stick.

So I Hit the Home Button 5. Times then the Rewind Button 3. Times then the Forward Button 2. Times.

But this brings Up the Key Pad that lets You Type something like an App or Movie into.

When I did this on My Sisters it brings Up a Screen to Pick the Bandwidth You want.

Can anybody help?

Am I just to Slow when I Hit My Buttons?

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I wanted to Set the Roku Plus Bandwidth to 5. Mbps like I did with My Sisters.

So I Hit the Home Button 5. Times then I Hit the Rewind Button 3. Times then I Hit the Forward Button 2. Times.

It did not Bring Up the Bandwidth Screen like My Sisters.

It Brings Up a Key Pad for You to Type a Name of a Movie and things like this.

What is going On?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Your Roku performance may depend on your Internet service and its speeds that you pay for. That is an unknown based on your post, so far...

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
My Sister Lives with Me and She has the same Roku Plus Stick can Play everything ok.

I just wanted to Know why I can not get to the Bandwidth Menu?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Then it comes back to what computer are you using, what USB ports you have and what speed they run at. Also, USB drivers may make a difference in performance, even with the same Roku.
You just don't give significant details, all anyone can do is guess at this point.
Have you checked your USB device settinsg to disable "power management" shutdown of devices by Windows?

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Ok My Roku Plus Stick is for HDMI Ports.

If I Plug it into My TVs HDMI Port and have the USB Power Cable Plug into My TVs USB Port it works good.

I even Watch Live TV On it and the Image never Freezes.

So then I Plug it into My JimTab M18 Pro. Projectors HDMI Port and the USB Power Cable in My Projectors USB Port.

This when the Image will Freeze every 15 Seconds or so and then Play then the next 15 Seconds Freeze then Play.

Like I Say it only Freezes for less then Half a Second.

So I Set the Roku Plus Stick to 720 Display and it still happens.

This is why I wanted to adjust the Roku Plus Bandwidth like I did with My Sisters to 5. Mbps but I can not get the screen to come Up.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
If I Plug it into My TVs HDMI Port and have the USB Power Cable Plug into My TVs USB Port it works good.

I even Watch Live TV On it and the Image never Freezes.

So then I Plug it into My JimTab M18 Pro. Projectors HDMI Port and the USB Power Cable in My Projectors USB Port.

This when the Image will Freeze every 15 Seconds or so and then Play then the next 15 Seconds Freeze then Play.
This may imply that the projector USB port is not supplying enough power, or not as much power as the TV USB port. Can you try using an external USB charger/power source for the USB power to check if it is a power issue?