Robin SmartPAT 3000

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi
Have just been given a Robin PAT tester, and some resistors don't look very well, they are wire wound ceramic, markings on them are R47-W24, and R68-W23, what sort of reading should I get from them.

Cheers
Spike

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Those are high wattage resistors and are expected to get hot. They look ok to me.
R47 would mean 0.47Ω.
R68 would mean 0.68Ω.

With ordinary test meters these would appear as a short circuit since most meters cannot measure lower than 1Ω.

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi
Have just been given a Robin PAT tester, and some resistors don't look very well, they are wire wound ceramic, markings on them are R47-W24, and R68-W23, what sort of reading should I get from them.

Cheers
Spike
Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes they are all ok , tks for your reply.
Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Those are high wattage resistors and are expected to get hot. They look ok to me.
R47 would mean 0.47Ω.
R68 would mean 0.68Ω.

With ordinary test meters these would appear as a short circuit since most meters cannot measure lower than 1Ω.
Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes is a bad design , but it is a old-ish board, now have to hunt further to see why it won't switch on, I need to find out the Trans outputs first.
cheers
Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Have checked out the Transformer and the 12v tapping is dead, not sure what the other output values are or should be, question could I incorporate a seperate 12v supply within this unit, there is plenty of room in the chassis ?, I think that is feeding the 12v relays on the board !.
PP: Have messaged Trans-Tronic to see if they will give me the data for this transformer !.
Spike