RLC2IC Incremental Magnetic Encoder sensor system

ramana.madishetty

Joined Jun 11, 2014
Hello,

I was stuck at some counter part on Hardware.

Am using LS7804 counter interface chip to drive up/down counters for RLC2IC Incremental Magnetic Encoder sensor system
As my circuit works fine for counter increment when motor rotates in clockwise.
But when the motor rotates in Anti-clock wise the decrement of counter not happens.

Please view the schematic for the reference.

Thanks.

Attachments

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Your schematic is almost impossible to read. There are industry standard symbols for the chips and transistors, with pinouts, that are necessary for any kind of analysis.

ak

ramana.madishetty

Joined Jun 11, 2014
Your schematic is almost impossible to read. There are industry standard symbols for the chips and transistors, with pinouts, that are necessary for any kind of analysis.

ak
thanks for the reply AK,

I will get back with good schematic work.
Atleast am expecting any schematic suggestions to how to read the sensor.

Thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The output shows RS422, so you would need an RS422 reciever IC, and then use the two quadrature pulses one for count, the other direction, this can be done in a μp, or the appropriate TTL logic to read the leading edge of each direction pulse, each opposite side will be a leading edge, depending on direction, and then simultaneously read the state of the direction pulse for either 0 or 1 to indicate direction.

Max.

ramana.madishetty

Joined Jun 11, 2014
Thanks for the idea Max.

the above idea can be done with microcontrolller for sensing the direction of the rotary shaft.
But how i need to acheive a higher resolution with quadrature encoders using MicroController?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The higher resolution is done by x2 or x4 and this is done by reading either two leading edges, one of each pulse (x2) or reading all four leading and trailing edges for x4.
Max.