RFID Access Control System Wiring Question

nephilim

Joined Mar 19, 2017
Good evening! I'm trying to create a cabinet/locker with RFID access control. Has anyone worked with this kind of project? Can you please help me by verifying or correcting the wiring/connection? I have included an image without wiring so you could correct it.

Components:
1. Solenoid Locker 12VDC
2. RFID Access Control Module (12VDC) - I have bought two kinds; an MG236B and an MG236C. On the picture is MG236C.
3. Power Supply Control 12VDC
access with connect.png

NO CONNECTION:

access no connect.png

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The way you have your solenoid wired is "power is applied only when a valid tag is presented" the NO/Gnd terminals only go high on a tag present, so your solenoid will be in Mechanical Locked state and needs power to Unlock.

so if you need permanent power on the solenoid to keep the door locked,and power removed to unlock then you need the NC /Gnd terminals.

nephilim

Joined Mar 19, 2017
The way you have your solenoid wired is "power is applied only when a valid tag is presented" the NO/Gnd terminals only go high on a tag present, so your solenoid will be in Mechanical Locked state and needs power to Unlock.

so if you need permanent power on the solenoid to keep the door locked,and power removed to unlock then you need the NC /Gnd terminals.
Thank you sir. I will try this. I haven't purchased the solenoid lockers and tags/cards. I'll update soon. :)