Rf Signal Detector

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
im working in a lab in which we should check 2000 sealed power boxes every day
one part of those boxes is empty but sealed. some people put this recievers inside those boxes to open them before we check it and they put a new seal on that box. so they can open the box everytime they want.. we should avoid them to put recievers inside the boxes.
we got many many problems here and im loosing my job just because of this.......

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Ok.....we will help, but you are still...........NOT clear of what you are saying.

Have you got a picture of one of the 2000 units? How are the units sealed?

You know all of this stuff.......but we don't. We can not help you, until we know ALL the details.

If they are sealed......how do they get into the unit......to put a receiver with a relay into the unit?

Can you clearly explain the situation?

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
Sir its a power box for domestic use
the end-user will bring it here from the factory and we have a checklist for checking the components
in that part there is 2 wires and a meter to calculate the load consumption
some people use this remote relay for make a shunt in one or two phases. sometimes they asked the factory to put it in those boxes
we just check the components and the second test will be operated by another unit in the utility
so we should figured out a solution for this issue...

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Sir its a power box for domestic use
the end-user will bring it here from the factory and we have a checklist for checking the components
in that part there is 2 wires and a meter to calculate the load consumption
some people use this remote relay for make a shunt in one or two phases. sometimes they asked the factory to put it in those boxes
we just check the components and the second test will be operated by another unit in the utility
so we should figured out a solution for this issue...
Weighing the box should be able to detect the added components.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
unfortunately i see some unhelpful and primary comments on my question
That's because your question was kind of unhelpful. You made the same mistake most children make when asking about something they only partially understand - your language was a problem and you assumed that we can read minds and magically know what you really mean. We can't.

The basic question about "detecting a receiver" has a fundamental problem - receivers are "detector(s)", not transmitters. My first assumption was that you used the wrong word or translation software made a bad guess. Your follow-up postings did nothing to indicate that you in fact meant "receiver". Then you mentioned the garage door and that was even more bad information.

All we know is what you tell us. With a question about detecting a receiver, there is a 99.9% chance that there is an error in the question. Also, a photo is not a datasheet. You told us nothing about the frequency band you are working in, or even if the receiver is powered up when you are trying to detect it. I don't know where you are located, but in the US we have a saying:

Garbage in - Garbage out.

ak

Moderator's note: Please be careful with your language. Some may take your comments as insulting. Edited accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
That's because your question was kind of stupid. You made the same mistake most children make when asking about something they only partially understand - your language was a problem and you assumed that we can read minds and magically know what you really mean. We can't.

The basic question about "detecting a receiver" has a fundamental problem - receivers are "detector(s)", not transmitters. My first assumption was that you used the wrong word or translation software made a bad guess. Your follow-up postings did nothing to indicate that you in fact meant "receiver". Then you mentioned the garage door and that was even more bad information.

All we know is what you tell us. With a question about detecting a receiver, there is a 99.9% chance that there is an error in the question. Also, a photo is not a datasheet. You told us nothing about the frequency band you are working in, or even if the receiver is powered up when you are trying to detect it. I don't know where you are located, but in the US we have a saying:

Garbage in - Garbage out.

ak

i think you need someone to teach you how to speak in public.. its not a good way to speak with someone who is not a native English speaker.
yes im not an English ! so i cant speak English like you! would that be a problem ?? but i can speak and understand 4 languages without using a translation software.. can you do that sir ? sure i have many problems but its not important for me.
im working on 315MHZ band with ASK modulation.
is there any way to make the reciever start oscillating and is there a way to find that oscillating ?
the buzzer works as an alarm for this oscillation.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
If you had your location in your profile, we would know about language issues.
i see some stupid and primary comments
i think you need someone to teach you how to speak in public..

If the receiver is unpowered (you still have not told us about that), it would be very difficult. In theory, you could use a variation of a shoplifting security tag system to detect an L-C resonant circuit in a radiated field, but the change in characteristic impedance and the re-radiation would be extremely small.

ak

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
If you had your location in your profile, we would know about language issues.

i think you need someone to teach you how to speak in public..

If the receiver is unpowered (you still have not told us about that), it would be very difficult. In theory, you could use a variation of a shoplifting security tag system to detect an L-C resonant circuit in a radiated field, but the change in characteristic impedance and the re-radiation would be extremely small.

ak
of course its powered on

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
some details :
1. Frequency:315Mhz
2. Modulation:ASK
4. Emission power:15db@12V
5. Voltage:4.2~12V
6. Electric current:3.5 mA
7. Size:10.5*10.5*2.6mm

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
some details about receiver :
Module receiving frequency:315MHz
Module receiving sensitivity: -106dBm
Module transfer rate: 2.5kbps (SWP), 10kbps (FIXED)
Module supply voltage: 3·3 to 5.5V
PCB size: 17.2 (mm) x11.8 (mm)
Complete monolithic UHF receiver

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
some details about receiver :
Module receiving frequency:315MHz
Module receiving sensitivity: -106dBm
Module transfer rate: 2.5kbps (SWP), 10kbps (FIXED)
Module supply voltage: 3·3 to 5.5V
PCB size: 17.2 (mm) x11.8 (mm)
Complete monolithic UHF receiver
Could it be as simple as detecting the power draw of the receiver? Or the increased weight of the device? Could you use a digital X-ray device (like my dentist uses) to "see" what's inside?

Last edited:

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I am in awe of those who speak many languages. Many of my friends are multi-lingual. But not me!
Setting out your question simply and fully can be hard. I still cannot understand why you would have sealed boxes, some with and some without receivers. That is probably the root of the confusion. A photo may help.
Anyhow, have you thought of having a transmitter that runs through all the available codes and seeing if you can trigger the receiver? You could at the least, monitor the current draw to see if there is a change.

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
Could it be as simple as detecting the power draw of the receiver? Or the increased weight of the device? Could you use a digital X-ray device (like my dentist uses) to "see" what's inside?
No
we cant weight them because there are many different components in those boxes like CT, PT, MCB and so on with different brands and different ratios
X-Ray is so expensive and we cannot afford that
All these solutions had been checked in the past
Thanks

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
I am in awe of those who speak many languages. Many of my friends are multi-lingual. But not me!
Setting out your question simply and fully can be hard. I still cannot understand why you would have sealed boxes, some with and some without receivers. That is probably the root of the confusion. A photo may help.
Anyhow, have you thought of having a transmitter that runs through all the available codes and seeing if you can trigger the receiver? You could at the least, monitor the current draw to see if there is a change.
Sir dont be so smart
everything has been explained by me
im a supervisor in a lab in the utility
we just want to recognize them... we dont want to open them, because we dont need and i also know that its impossible
next week i will take some photos

motorhead88

Joined Jun 9, 2019
Someday one of my friends who lived in US said to me "You should explain 10 times for american people to make them understand your question". i remembered this today !
in my country we dont need to explain a question... always there's an answer (i know / i dont know).
no need to explain why i asked this question ... Your ideas about my question so funny for me.