Rewiring 380V 3 phase oven to 240V 3 phase

RobotHead

Joined Feb 12, 2015
Greetings fine electro buffs!

I'm in the process of helping my mother build a Cafe for the summer. Unfortunately the dear went ahead and ordered an oven whilst I was away on holiday. We're now stuck with a 380-400V (50 HZ) behemoth and no adequate power supply ( closest connectable being 240V 3 phase on what I think is a 60A fuse).

Here is the best diagram I could dig up on this Çözüm ER732, hope the quality suffices;
DSC_0011.JPG
Wired as Delta?

I'd appreciate any guidance from the benevolent denizens of this fine forum. My mechanical engineering skills are up to scratch but my ability to decipher schematics is still a bit lackluster...

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Appears to be over 6Kw? The simplest way out may be a 3ph 380/400 to 240 secondary 3ph transformer ran in reverse is probably the easiest solution, if you have 3ph available..
Are you in N.A. or Europe?
Max.

RobotHead

Joined Feb 12, 2015
Thanks for the reply! I should've taken a pic of the model details before I left for home, nevertheless I recall seeing stamped 8Kw in the specifications... I'm in Northern Europe. Was dreading the best solution rounding down to utilizing a transformer, as they're most likely more expensive than the oven. Oh dear.

RobotHead

Joined Feb 12, 2015
I'm calling tomorrow then, cheers for the nudge in a correct direction...
Look forward to perusing a new forum out of this, at least!

Flare_Guy

Joined Nov 18, 2012
When you state 240 three phase are you referencing line to neutral / ground or line to line?

upload_2015-2-12_23-4-15.png
Only ask as it not uncommon to see 380VAC 3 phase @ 50Hz for services. If this what you have there the line to neutral 220 VAC the issue may only how the power supply is charcterized

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
It's hard to read the schematic but it looks like the individual heater elements are running off of the 220 to common form each phase which means that they may be reconfigurable to run in a delta connection where you would move each heating elements common connection to a opposite phase of the one supplying it.

Option two would be to use a common 115:230/230:460 setup to boost the 220 lines to a 355 volt level and run it that way. Granted you would be a bit low on the supply voltage so warm up times would be a little longer though.

RobotHead

Joined Feb 12, 2015
Sorry for the late reply guys!

I've been pondering the situation a little more, and might settle on this configuration. Haven't had the chance to check exactly what power supply the old building has as of yet so excuse my lack of detail...

Does this look sensible to proceed with? I swear to spend the next couple years refining my electronics know how if it's totally off bearing...

All the best!