Reverse motor with pressure switch

SaifAA

Joined Oct 2, 2019
Hi, I'm new and hope that someone can help me. My electronic knowledge is limited, but I can solder...
I am making a waste paper compressor machine ,but I need help with designing the circuit diagram, so how I can start the motor and when I reach the pressure needed reverse the motor.

Is there a circuit like this that I can build or buy?
Thanks in advance.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Hi, I'm new and hope that someone can help me. My electronic knowledge is limited, but I can solder...
I am making a waste paper compressor machine ,but I need help with designing the circuit diagram, so how I can start the motor and when I reach the pressure needed reverse the motor.

Is there a circuit like this that I can build or buy?
Thanks in advance.
There are far too many unknowns to give you an answer. For example:
How big is this machine?
How much pressure do you need to measure?
What mechanical configuration are you planning on using?
etc.
Try writing a specification of the device. That will answer a lot of your design questions and you will know what to look for.
Start by writing down what you know that you know.
Then write down the things that you know that you don't know - they are the things you have to start researching and may need help with.
Be aware that there will be things about the project that you don't know that you don't know. That will start becoming apparent when you do your research.
You can only take ownership of your project by planing it yourself.
Let us know how you are progressing and where you really need help.
Regards, Keith

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One possibility is to monitor the current of the motor, then trigger the reverse at the required load current (pressure).
What is the technology of the motor?
Max.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Current sense resistor - filtered output to comparator - comp. output to latch - latch to H bridge reverse -
limit switch stops motor - start switch resets latch - H bridge in forward ?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
You could base it off current appliances like a trash compactor. If it's for cardboard or large items that wouldn't work for you. You could also design a container and use a stationary winch, bolt it to the concrete on one side while the other slides, weld rings and attach a chain that run through eyelets on the stationary side, then pull them together.

kv

abu1985

Joined Oct 18, 2015
What is the pressure are you sensing (psi, torque, force, etc..), or what kind of sensor would you use? Others have mentioned monitoring the current of the motor, which I've done before and works well, but I had industrial servos with a PLC. You'll need a limit switch to monitor when the ram is home, and tell the motor to stop.

You might just want to use a 3 way switch, 1) motor forward, 2) motor off, 3) motor reverse. And manual operate the unit as needed.