Resistor and Capacitor value for Low-Pass Filter

DamarJati

Joined May 7, 2018
excuse me...
I want to ask something
what's the effect of resistor and capacitor value on low-pass filter?
and how i use that for my amplifier project?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

An important parameter for a low pass filter is the frequency at which the power has been reduced by half.

Is this homework?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The value of resistance and capacitance sets the value of "low"....in "low pass filter". It implies that value and lower.....will pass.

DamarJati

Joined May 7, 2018
The value of resistance and capacitance sets the value of "low"....in "low pass filter". It implies that value and lower.....will pass.
So...
that's mean if i using lower value of capacitor and resistor, the lower audio frequency that will pass?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
It's not the individual values of R and C. It's the ratio of R and C.

We can control current in two ways.
1. The amount of current is controlled by resistance.
2. We can also control how fast the current changes. Like for a current to go from 0 to 10 amps. That transition can take different speeds or times, to get up to 10 amps. Some signals can go from 0 to 10 amps in 1 second. Other signals can do it in 1 millionth of a second.....a million times faster.

A filter can select what speeds(rates of change) go thru.....and what speeds are blocked. It's a speed limit on the CHANGE of current.

Does that make any sense?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, literally it's my homework...
and thankyou for your reply btw
AAC policy for homework is that we guide students to an answer so you have a better understanding vs. just giving answers.

Post your work and tell us what you don't understand.