Replacing a relay with a switch

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The post asks for advice on a switch, why do you need this information?
Because you are suggesting that you are going to transmit in bands that are not legal to transmit in, beyond a very low power (generally <1mW when the ERP is accounted for, it is far less than "a few watts". [edited for clarity]

You mentioned legalities, something with which I am concerned. I don't help people asking how to facilitate illegal radio transmissions and while it is entirely up to other members what they choose to do,I know many here also feel as I do.

Now, if I misunderstood you, that's fine. But if you intend to transmit in bands where it is prohibited, I'm done.

[EDIT: I also want to know if I somehow missed a legal way to transmit a few Watts on arbitrary frequencies in allocated services. That would be good to know.]

Last edited:

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
@Yaakov
I can understand your concern, but if I'm not mistaken here, no one is transmitting anything.I just see users asking questions and exchanging ideas and some simulation scheme. Is this illegal?. In your country I don't know, but in mine I certainly don't. Then if you don't want to comment for me that's fine.Whoever you are.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
OK so all you really need is a RF SPDT switch capable of DC to 100 MHz. You would prefer electronic switching rather than a relay type electro mechanical switch type. Based on your post power level is not a concern and is what might be commonly called "flea power" in the milli-watt ranges. I would go with a sealed switching relay design something like this in the best interest of cost. You can find others which are similar. You didn't mention line impedance?

Ron