Repairing washing machine electronics

tuzlaaelectronic

Joined Jul 22, 2017
Greetings,
I'm still going to school for electronics and I want to learn about washing machines, dishwashers, fridges... I would be grateful if you write some yours experience at fixing electronics of these. Right now, when it's holiday, I work at service of these stuff, but there is nobody who can explain me about electronics of it. Sometimes they give me broken boards and I try to find sollution, but it is very hard. Again, I would be grateful if someone write about common issues on electronic boards of these stuff
Have a nice day

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Unfortunately schematics for this type of equipment is very scarce.
The first thing to zero in on is any power circuit device or in that area.
Most washing machines now use the Fischer-Paykel type of outrunner 3 ph motor, HVAC circulating fans also ECM (electronically commutated) 3ph motors.
Max.

tuzlaaelectronic

Joined Jul 22, 2017
I know it is difficult to find schematics, but advantage is that most electronic boards for washing machines are same (I mean on washing machines manufactured in Europe, because I live there, precised in Bosnia and Herzegovina) and I think there is someone who knows some common issues, and sollutions of them, or how to save time when diagnose the problem on the board, because for electronic servicing time is money.
Thank you for reply

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Many of the older simple timer controlled appliances also have the schematic on the back of the machine, these are relatively easy to fix.
Most (if not all) service technicians now do not bother to service at the board level, just simply replace or exchange the whole board out.
In the case of ECM motors these are replaced as a unit also as the electronics are internal.
Max.