Remote and remote controlled robot using pic microcontrller

xlr8

Joined Oct 21, 2018
I am a 1st year undergrad. We have been given an assignment to make a remote controlled robot as our very first project. The only restriction is that we have to use the PIC micro controller. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Because I have absolutely no idea how to go about making this. I know basics of electronics but have no knowledge about micro controllers. Googling didn't seem help because almost all the results seems to be of bluetooth controlled robots using android apps. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
1) No experience at all programming a UP ? C language experience ?

2) Any experience with prototyping simple circuits on the bench and using an O'Scope ?

3) Do you have a PIC board ? If so which one ?

4) Assignment is remote control, is it wireless, infrared, wired ? If so which one.

5) Assignment due in 1 week or 1 year ?

Keep in mind Youtube (and other video sites ) great resource for beginners and experts.
Microchip must have a series of videos "getting started".....

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

xlr8

Joined Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply.
1) No experience at all programming a UP ? C language experience ?
What's a UP? I have some experience with C language. (Not a lot though)
2) Any experience with prototyping simple circuits on the bench and using an O'Scope ?
Yes, we did have some lab exercises which included prototyping simple circuits.
3) Do you have a PIC board ? If so which one ?
No I don't have one. And the assignment have no restrictions on the model.
4) Assignment is remote control, is it wireless, infrared, wired ? If so which one.
It's wireless
5) Assignment due in 1 week or 1 year ?
Due in 3 weeks.
Keep in mind Youtube (and other video sites ) great resource for beginners and experts.
I will keep looking.
Microchip must have a series of videos "getting started".....

Regards, Dana.
Thanks